The Student Room Group

CCEA 2018 C2 Maths

Anyone repeating or doing C2 maths from last year??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by apaul322
Anyone repeating or doing C2 maths from last year??

I’m doing the C2 paper this year. Last year was ridiculous. Hoping there isn’t many sequence questions or proofs!
Reply 2
Original post by KOlKOP
I’m doing the C2 paper this year. Last year was ridiculous. Hoping there isn’t many sequence questions or proofs!

what did u get in C2 last year if u dont mind me asking
What did yous think?
Reply 4
Original post by JAMAL 69
What did yous think?

i thought it was much much better than last year..hopefully got the majority of the questions right
What is everyone thinking of this years exam? Defonately better than last years paper!
Reply 6
Original post by Nicoledoll
What is everyone thinking of this years exam? Defonately better than last years paper!

did anyone get 6 for the last question part b and -8. something for part a
What did everyone get for the area between 2 curves? A friend and me got different answers. I got 1/3 and she got 16
Reply 8
What did everyone get for the area between 2 curves? A friend and me got different answers. I got 1/3 and she got 16

i got 1/3 as well
Reply 9

It shouldn’t be either of those. The side between the curve on the x axis was 2 and 3 . Integrating then plugging in 3 and then 2 and taking them away from each other should have give you between 2-20.
i got 1/3 as well

Aw very good.
Sooooo good, nice wee paper
Reply 12
What did everyone get for the equation of the tangent question and the centre of the circle and the radius
Hated 8a. Thought the rest of the paper was pretty good though
Sooooo good, nice wee paper

Agreed with x=6 for the log arithmetic progression question
All answers I remember:
1) 2.35
2) i) centre (-1,2) radius= root 5
ii) y = 2x + 9
3) Angle 54.3degrees and ii) 105degrees?
4) Binomial expansion, and part 2 with a P=810, Q=180, R=2?
5) ii) area between curves = 1/3
6) angles pi/4, 5pi/4, 5.18 and 2.03??
7) i) 1/2r^2(theta - sintheta)
ii) m = (2pi + sintheta - theta)/(theta - sintheta)??
8) i) x = -8.35
ii) x = 6

Yes I got 6 for last question and -8. Something too 😀
Reply 18
Im nearly sure i messed up the binomial question for the first part, were you able to substitute in a value for x and check? If so, i had ended up with completely different answers, maybe my value wasnt in the range of validity
Original post by Kloplop
Im nearly sure i messed up the binomial question for the first part, were you able to substitute in a value for x and check? If so, i had ended up with completely different answers, maybe my value wasnt in the range of validity

In the end part of part b I just equated consonants and assumed they were the answers so I didn’t check for x value

Quick Reply

Latest