Need help applying to a second degree (been to uni before)

Watch
LonelyDemon
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I hope this is the right area of the forum to post this. I have applied for a BA in Tourism Management starting in September/October this year through UCAS, I've selected 5 choices that I want.

I went to university before (2012-2015) to study film production finishing with a 2:1 because I did a BTEC in film production at college. Since leaving university I've worked abroad for year, travelled and worked on TV projects and volunteered in the UK all temporary work.

It has been hard to get a job and isn't what I want to do anymore. I have a passion for travelling and tourism. My geography is excellent but I've never studied it. I now speak French which I didn't whilst at uni before, many of the tourism courses I applied also provide a optional language course that I would like to do.

These are a few questions I have

1 - Considering I went to uni before and only did temporary jobs, would it be best that I use my past uni course leader as my reference? or is it just college? I went to college over 10 years ago I doubt could get hold of any BTEC tutors plus I don't who they are.

2 - Will my grades get me into a course providing I've never studied tourism as BTEC/A-level?

3 - I'm 27, 28 when the year starts do you think its too old to go back into education?

4- Would I be able to get student finance doing a second degree?
username1539513
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You only get Student finance for a second degree if it's a healthcare or STEM degree generally speaking
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by LonelyDemon)
1 - Considering I went to uni before and only did temporary jobs, would it be best that I use my past uni course leader as my reference? or is it just college? I went to college over 10 years ago I doubt could get hold of any BTEC tutors plus I don't who they are.

2 - Will my grades get me into a course providing I've never studied tourism as BTEC/A-level?

3 - I'm 27, 28 when the year starts do you think its too old to go back into education?

4- Would I be able to get student finance doing a second degree?
1) Yes your most recent academic experience is most relevent for your reference.

2) Yes it's fine.

3) Nope.

4) You won't get any tuition fee funding for this course.
https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (63)
4.52%
Uncertainty around my education (216)
15.51%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (153)
10.98%
Lack of purpose or motivation (198)
14.21%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (60)
4.31%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (81)
5.81%
Loneliness (124)
8.9%
Financial worries (48)
3.45%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (64)
4.59%
Exposure to negative news/social media (66)
4.74%
Lack of real life entertainment (72)
5.17%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (120)
8.61%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (128)
9.19%

Watched Threads