Accidentally Scratched a Car - Then left.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Basically I was trying to park in a tight space but I realised I wouldn't manage so I went to pull out and as I pulled out I bumped into a parked car at a low speed. I got out to check the damage and there is a light scratch on my car and a small scratch on the other car. I panicked and just drove off. I know, I should have left a note but I just panicked and the damage was very minor. I don't think think there were any cameras and I've checked on google maps and can't see any cameras and it happened at midnight so no one around.

Could I be in trouble and does anyone have any tips for getting minor scrapes/scratches out?
Anonymous #1
Anyone?
ANON xx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Anyone?
nah you'll be fine unless you want to clear your conscience and go admit it. did you get the number plate from the other car
Callicious
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My aunt scratched her neighbours car, and they didn't figure it out. Don't worry. Minor scratches are hard to notice. If they do, it'd be a hassle to find out who did it. Either way, you're fine :P
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ANON xx)
nah you'll be fine unless you want to clear your conscience and go admit it. did you get the number plate from the other car
I didn't get the number plate but it happened in a private car park and I'm pretty sure there are no cameras there and anyway I don't think the car I hit was a car owned by anyone who lived in those houses because I was at the mosque for prayer and a lot of people park there for prayer so even if there was CCTV I don't think the person I hit will know.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Callicious)
My aunt scratched her neighbours car, and they didn't figure it out. Don't worry. Minor scratches are hard to notice. If they do, it'd be a hassle to find out who did it. Either way, you're fine :P
That's reassuring to hear. The scratches on the cars were both minor and if anything the one on mine is worse. It's not a deep scratch but do you have any tips for removing it? I was thinking of going to Halford's and just getting it done but I'm not sure if they have a scratch removal service and how much it costs?
ANON xx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I didn't get the number plate but it happened in a private car park and I'm pretty sure there are no cameras there and anyway I don't think the car I hit was a car owned by anyone who lived in those houses because I was at the mosque for prayer and a lot of people park there for prayer so even if there was CCTV I don't think the person I hit will know.
where about was it ?
was it somewhere local , did you know the person ?
ANON xx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
depending on how bad it is there are various way to get rid of it
you can buy invisible pens online only a tenner but from what it sounds that probs won't work
could you possibly attach a close up image of it ?
Anonymous #1
where about was it ?
It was next to a private car park for residents. Where I was trying to park was actually more of a side street next to the private car park where it's pay to park.
Anonymous #1
where about was it ?
And no I don't know the person
ANON xx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It was next to a private car park for residents. Where I was trying to park was actually more of a side street next to the private car park where it's pay to park.
well if it's near a private car park then there most likely be cameras but like another person said i doubt anyone would go through that much hassle for a minor scratch unless it was an expensive car
was it?
Anonymous #1
well if it's near a private car park then there most likely be cameras but like another person said i doubt anyone would go through that much hassle for a minor scratch unless it was an expensive car
was it?
I'll PM you the google street view there doesn't seem to be any cameras but the street view was from 4 years ago.
Anonymous #1
Situation report - I covered the scratch in toothpaste then wiped it off after 10 mins and it has made the scratch less noticeable. Unless someone looks for scratches I doubt anyone will notice thanks for all your help people
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Situation report - I covered the scratch in toothpaste then wiped it off after 10 mins and it has made the scratch less noticeable. Unless someone looks for scratches I doubt anyone will notice thanks for all your help people
You went back and touched the car, loitered for 10 minutes and touched it again? Someone's bound to have seen you now - hopefully you remembered to wipe off all your fingerprints to give you a chance
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
You're an idiot, you're bound to be caught now. Why go back there in broad daylight? That was literally the worst thing you could have done.
Anonymous #1
You're an idiot, you're bound to be caught now. Why go back there in broad daylight? That was literally the worst thing you could have done.
I meant the scratch on my own car lmao. I didn't go back there.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ThomH97)
You went back and touched the car, loitered for 10 minutes and touched it again? Someone's bound to have seen you now - hopefully you remembered to wipe off all your fingerprints to give you a chance
No I meant I cleaned the scratch on my own car lol. I haven't gone back there.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
I meant the scratch on my own car lmao. I didn't go back there.
"Unless someone looks for scratches I doubt anyone will notice"
Anonymous #1
"Unless someone looks for scratches I doubt anyone will notice"
Yeah I was meaning I doubt my parents or brother will notice.
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That it? Kicked a stone through the back of a car window once.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
61.32%
I don't have everything I need (94)
38.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise