Scared to tell my mum that I want to change alevels Watch

Jamiehou
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, brief background of what's happened. Basically I got decent GCSE results (1 a*, 3 A's and the rest B's) and when me and my mum went to college opening evening, she had her mind of me doing academic subjects like maths and geography, etc. But for some reason I wanted to go into film and convinced her for me to do art subjects.

But I've finally realised that I don't want to do this anymore, I want to change over to biology and maybe maths so I have a better academic set of alevels and gives me more options in the future. But I'm really scared to tell my mum that I want to change and I really don't think she'll let me or be accepting of it, especially with all the money spent on these subjects so far.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jamiehou)
Hi, brief background of what's happened. Basically I got decent GCSE results (1 a*, 3 A's and the rest B's) and when me and my mum went to college opening evening, she had her mind of me doing academic subjects like maths and geography, etc. But for some reason I wanted to go into film and convinced her for me to do art subjects.

But I've finally realised that I don't want to do this anymore, I want to change over to biology and maybe maths so I have a better academic set of alevels and gives me more options in the future. But I'm really scared to tell my mum that I want to change and I really don't think she'll let me or be accepting of it, especially with all the money spent on these subjects so far.
What stage is your study at?

What do you mean all the money spent so far?

Are you in private school?

What subjects are you taking?
What grades are you getting?
What degree or career do you want?
anonymous69gcse
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jamiehou)

anonymous69gcse
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hope this video helps. remember its ur life
ZENITH01
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
tbh shell probably be relieved ur gonna not do art etcc...
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Are you at the end of your AS levels now? What do you want to do after you leave college? If you can do what you want to do without changing your A Levels I'd say do that, as it's much easier than resitting a year, but it's not the end of the world if you need to resit by any means, and your mum should be happy that you're following what you want to do. Nothing's worse than carrying on with subjects you don't like just because you don't feel you can change them.
Jamiehou
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
What stage is your study at?

What do you mean all the money spent so far?

Are you in private school?

What subjects are you taking?
What grades are you getting?
What degree or career do you want?
I'm coming up to finishing my first year at college and no I'm in a state college.

By money spent, I mean for photography I had to buy a chunky camera in the end it cost about £400, which I did spend my money on too.

I take geography, photography and graphics and I'm getting A in geography and Bs/Cs for my art ones.

In terms of career, I want to go into geography/science based after thinking on this for months. When I chose my alevels I wanted to do film but since about December my whole mind has changed on career path.
Jamiehou
Rep:
?
(Original post by anonymous69gcse)
hope this video helps. remember its ur life
Thank you and cheers for the inspirational video haha
Jamiehou
Rep:
?
(Original post by ZENITH01)
tbh shell probably be relieved ur gonna not do art etcc...
That's what I'm hoping for too, just worried she'll be annoyed that I convinced her I wanted to do film so bad and now I want to do something else
Jamiehou
Rep:
?
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
Are you at the end of your AS levels now? What do you want to do after you leave college? If you can do what you want to do without changing your A Levels I'd say do that, as it's much easier than resitting a year, but it's not the end of the world if you need to resit by any means, and your mum should be happy that you're following what you want to do. Nothing's worse than carrying on with subjects you don't like just because you don't feel you can change them.
Hi and yeah I'm at the near end of A1 now. But in terms of my career choices and path, my current alevels just aren't good enough and won't help me with anything I want to do, I'm just so so scared to confront my mum about it. I just hope she understands like others do, thanks for replying back too I wasn't expecting any advice or help from others haha
ZENITH01
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Honestly its ur life u gonna be scared telling ur mum or carrying on with the filming and not even being about to afford a roof over you head? Cuz ur starting to think practically. Tbh i think shell be relieved
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24.06%
No (322)
75.94%

Watched Threads