The Student Room Group

AARRGHH!! How do your parents react when you get your results???

I am in year 11 and i did my maths GCSE in year 10 and i got an A*
I was on holiday when i got my results and when my dad called me to tell me my results (he couldn't come on holiday) i started crying as i was that happy and shocked...my parents however just said well done and asked what my other friends got:mad: :mad: :mad: .
1) I hadn't yet spoken to them to ask
2) WHAT ABOUT MY OWN RESULTS
The same happened when i got my A level C1 module results the other day(I got an A).
What is wrong with them?? Do they not realize how much effort gets put into getting these results???:mad: :mad: :mad:
How do your parents react??..Is it only mine who show no emotion at all?

Scroll to see replies

Pretty much the same.
Reply 2
lol don't worry

i did exactly the same as you

i'm in yr 12 now and got an A in my A/S maths last year. got 293/300 ums marks

all my dad had to say was "what happened to the other 7 eh" and he was deadly serious

pissed me off but to be honest who cares
be happy with yourself. you don't need approval of your parents :smile:
Reply 3
To be fair crying over one gcse is OTT
Reply 4
My mum reacts in the opposite way. I did Core Science in June 07 and got a B in Physics- my Mum thought it was amazing, I was like "calm down Mum, its only a B."
Ha that was like my parents ... cos they left school with no qualifications of any type rele whenever i get anythin small or a bad grade they still think its good!

i was predicted a D in my art, i came out with a A in the end... my mum was estatic!

i was like calm down! even thou i was happy with it!
Reply 6
I know it must be frustrating if your parents don't seem to give you credit for your good exam results, but if you're happy with them, then that's the main thing.

My parents were very happy with my GCSE results (especially for Latin - I got an A*, despite struggling with the grammar and never fully understanding it). They didn't have an extremely emotional reaction, not that I'd have expected them to, but they seemed to be quite proud of me.

Anyway, congratulations on your A*. I only just managed to get a B in Maths...
He said WELL DONE

What exactly did you want from him!? Did you want him to cry too!?!
Reply 8
lolilady---O
He said WELL DONE

What exactly did you want from him!? Did you want him to cry too!?!

True.
Reply 9
You know, my dad did exactly the same thing, he sort of said "Congratulations. But why did you get a B in art?" and I was like "dad, who cares, I got 4 A*s!"
On the other hand, my mother was completely thrilled and didn't even noticed that I got one B.
I think you shouldn't mind what your parents think; if you believe your results are good, then cheer up! You did your best, I'm sure!
Reply 10
My parents say "Dont look back, look forward. Dont think about how well you did, think of your next exams".
Reply 11
was this thread made just so you could show off your results and then could put on the whole i get amazing grades but my parents never praise me act? Guess so. Get over yourself seriously.
Reply 12
MattyBell
was this thread made just so you could show off your results and then could put on the whole i get amazing grades but my parents never praise me act? Guess so. Get over yourself seriously.

Couldn't agree more!!!:biggrin:
Reply 13
I'm sure your parents are proud of you, it's just that the results probably weren't that unexpected (i.e. if the exams had gone really badly you would have probably realised after having sat them) and there's a limited number of things you can say in the situation. :p: I'm sure when he actually found out your results he was more excited/happy for you, whereas when he told you he was more focused on your reaction.

And next year if you ever don't do so well on a module, you'll prefer it if your parents don't react that strongly each time you receive your results- trust me. :wink:
My parents wern't that bothered about grades, more bothered about getting accepted by unis.
lol when i got mines my parents were like "is that it". And they just went silent on the journey back home. They were hoping for 9-10A*s and as i got 6A*s it pissed em off. They asked me what my mates got and as theyre proper clever they were even more pissed off when i told em they got 10A*s. O well cant do anything about it.
Reply 16
What do you want a parade?

Maybe your parents wanted to know what your friends got perhaps, hmm?
My parents were like...well done, 7A*s but look at that C. Why dwindle on the C? Now thats annoying. Same happened with my AS results; AAAC.
Mine gave me alcohol when I got my Maths result.
Reply 19
These sorts of threads always take a chunk out my confidence.

Latest