AARRGHH!! How do your parents react when you get your results??? Watch

Sifr
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by millicent)
These sorts of threads always take a chunk out my confidence.
I feel Stoopid
SaveItForTheMorning
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Mine say well done and are pleased with me but I don't believe in the whole parents going OTT and paying you money for getting good grades etc. [as some of my friends get] I think it's ridiculous.
I'm doing MY gcse's now, for ME, nobody else.
It's my future that they affect so I think being bribed into doing well's is stupid.
The Nightingale
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Usually they say 'well done' and congratulate me a bit! Nothing special...

I don't know about GCSEs. I doubt they'll give me money or anything. My Dad says he'll buy me a present if I get an 'A' in Maths (I'm dreadful at Maths, so this is unlikely). The most I'll get for the rest of my GCSEs will probably be a meal out or something like that.

My Grandparents do give me money, but that's a different matter.
lolilady---O
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by millicent)
These sorts of threads always take a chunk out my confidence.
I'm so sick of threads like this and OH NO I GOT A B MY LIFES OVER type threads. It's so boring.
SaveItForTheMorning
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, people complaining over B's is annoying. Lower ability people spend two years struggling to get a C so people should be chuffed with what they got unless they didnt put work in, and if they didnt its only their own fault.
SouthernFreerider
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got 9A* 2 A and and my parents were really pleased. they put it behind them before dinner lol.

how do you expect them to react though?
Cooro
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My parents normally say 'well done' if I get good grades, but then go way OTT when I get bad grades. Like, in my politics module in January I got a U, and they signed me up for revision classes even though it wasn't entirely my fault (my teacher had been off for about two months before the college found a substitute, so we were really behind and had to skip over a lot, and then I was really ill when I took the exam)

But when my sister got a U and 2 E's in her A2s, they were just like, 'That's all we expected, but if you get that we'll be very disappointed' to me.

I guess it's normal for parents to focus on the bad stuff instead of the good or something.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1072)
79.06%
Leave (284)
20.94%

Watched Threads