aqa french writing higher 2018 Watch

blackthrn
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i did the teacher one for my 150 but it didn’t say you had to be a teacher? said you were writing to a school, i just talked about the advantages and disadvantages if i was a teacher, and mentioned what i actually want to be in the future. don’t know why people are talking about writing in the perspective of a teacher, anyone else write like i did?
hp4300
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I just wrote about the advantages and disadvantages of my teacher. And my future. Will I still get marks?
sxhxl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i didnt even write in the perspective of anyone, I just wrote about the positives and negatives of working as a teacher but not in a personal view i just used 'vous pouvez' and for the second paragraph i talked about what i wanted to be in the future etc.
Rumit123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hp4300)
I just wrote about the advantages and disadvantages of my teacher. And my future. Will I still get marks?
I’m pretty sure you had to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of you being a teacher. And if you included your work plans for the future then you’ll be fine.
hp4300
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rumit123)
I’m pretty sure you had to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of you being a teacher. And if you included your work plans for the future then you’ll be fine.
Do you think I’ll get marked down too much? I’m very worried
sxhxl
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you think I’ll get marked down too much? I’m very worried
wait whaaaat, i just said i wanna be dentist etc
hp4300
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sxhxl)
wait whaaaat, i just said i wanna be dentist etc
Did you talk about your teacher at all?
sxhxl
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Did you talk about your teacher at all?
no? it didnt ask to
hp4300
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sxhxl)
no? it didnt ask to
This is for aqa higher tier - the 32 mark answer with 2 bullet points
sxhxl
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is for aqa higher tier - the 32 mark answer with 2 bullet points
I know.
hp4300
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sxhxl)
I know.
Sorry I was just checking you sat the same paper. It mentioned pros and cons about teachers as one of the bullet points.
sxhxl
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry I was just checking you sat the same paper. It mentioned pros and cons about teachers as one of the bullet points.
It was pros and cons of BEING a teacher
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
TheBeast11
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You did not have to write it from the point of view from a teacher. In fact, it would have been more easily structured and fluently sequenced had you written it from your perspective about what you believe are the disadvantages and advantages of being a teacher as the next bullet point was your future plans for work (implying you didn't already have a job) . For example, you could have written 'The teachers salary is very low' which would have been perfectly acceptable.
Ahmed$93
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Will I get Marked down If I wrote more than what I was suppose to?
sxhxl
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheBeast11)
You did not have to write it from the point of view from a teacher. In fact, it would have been more easily structured and fluently sequenced had you written it from your perspective about what you believe are the disadvantages and advantages of being a teacher as the next bullet point was your future plans for work (implying you didn't already have a job) . For example, you could have written 'The teachers salary is very low' which would have been perfectly acceptable.
okay good, so is what i did right? I talked about the good and bad aspects of being a teacher, such as 'vous pouvez travailler dans une grande collège' etc. and then for the second paragraph I talked about what I want to work as in the future?
TheBeast11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sxhxl)
okay good, so is what i did right? I talked about the good and bad aspects of being a teacher, such as 'vous pouvez travailler dans une grande collège' etc. and then for the second paragraph I talked about what I want to work as in the future?
In terms of what you are doing, yes what you did is correct however i cannot say that 'vous pouvez' would be considered 'accurate' because that implies you are talking to an actual person (although in english saying, you can do this or you can do that sounds normal, in French they use 'on' rather that 'vous' or 'tu' to describe this), what you are trying to say is 'on peut travailler dans une grande collège' which would make more sense, but that's not to say you have lost all marks there, you definitely will not, so yes what you did was correct.

As for the second bullet point, work in the future is exactly correct!
TheBeast11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ahmed$93)
Will I get Marked down If I wrote more than what I was suppose to?
100% NO. 90 words and 150 words are guidelines (sort of minimums) , and exceeding them is completely fine (some teachers even recommend it)
Ahmed$93
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Are you sure because I wrote nearly 400 words for my 90 words one
sxhxl
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheBeast11)
100% NO. 90 words and 150 words are guidelines (sort of minimums) , and exceeding them is completely fine (some teachers even recommend it)
My teacher told us not to go over
magic_lemon
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
does saying that you want to voluntary work in another country count as future work plans? i also said i want to become a doctor as i was pretending to be a science teacher. it was so much harder writing as a teacher as there wasn’t a lot to say about future plans... kinda regret doing that now
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (425)
18.69%
The paper was reasonable (1075)
47.27%
Not feeling great about that exam... (504)
22.16%
It was TERRIBLE (270)
11.87%

Watched Threads