Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Also good luck to everyone who is fasting during exam season
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
serpent666
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Please don't fast! Especially not during exams, you need the energy! Edit : Is this for Ramadan? I forgot oohohohoh....
Henlover101
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
(Original post by serpent666)
Please don't fast! Especially not during exams, you need the energy!
I am fasting and am not doing the exams this year do not worry. I also think it is not right the fact that people are fasting during exams it’s pretty stupid as u need the energy and you can do the fasts you missed at another time
username3444162
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You have no option to fast another month, this is not optional, you do not have the choice to postpone your fasting, the fact of the matter is that most people look for an excuse not to fast, so they don't, and they think fasting another month is okay, it's not, this is Ramadhan , the month to be grateful for what you have and to sacrifice things in the name of Allah.

But hey, who am I to criticise this new found independence of religion, it seems that nowadays people are making their own rules, why?

Because it's easier.

We will see how easy it is when you are judged.

Other than that.

Have a great day.
Henlover101
Rep:
?
(Original post by Oneiropólos)
You have no option to fast another month, this is not optional, you do not have the choice to postpone your fasting, the fact of the matter is that most people look for an excuse not to fast, so they don't, and they think fasting another month is okay, it's not, this is Ramadhan , the month to be grateful for what you have and to sacrifice things in the name of Allah.

But hey, who am I to criticise this new found independence of religion, it seems that nowadays people are making their own rules, why?

Because it's easier.

Other than that.

Have a great day.
You can postpone a fast if you have a REASON although you cannot if you do not have a reason but if you do postpone without a reason it is equivalent to 60 more fasts or giving food to 60 people
The difference from “nowadays” compared to the past is that there weren’t a thing called exams or even schools and there wasn’t a thing called high blood pressure, cancer taking meds when the Quran was made like if someone has cancer and they have to take meds at least three times a day eg one at 9am, 3pm and 9pm then what ? Your just going to let them die ????? That’s why it is different “nowadays”.

Back to reasons, reasons vary a lot so that’s why us Muslims follow the Hadith (statements or actions of Muhammad, or of his tacit approval or criticism of something) and many other books to give us advice
Before saying that you would’ve done your research and looked through books and seen what is right and wrong and
Also there is a difference between “easy” and “except” with a reason it IS excepted to postpone without reason it’s not

But hey who am I criticise these people who do not look into information researched well enough and proofs evidence etc

Seeing your the person who’s judged

Other than that
Thank you for wasting my time
Have a great day
username3682542
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Allhamdulliah its going well

Thanks and please keep me in your Duas x
username3682542
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Please don't fast! Especially not during exams, you need the energy! Edit : Is this for Ramadan? I forgot oohohohoh....
People are not forced to fast, but people choose to esp during exam season, to be spiritually connected to god, receive blessings and pray for success throughout the period.
salma_2018
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Because it's easier.

Other than that.

Have a great day.

Yeah...please don't make things up the religion doesn't enforce anything upon you. Yes it is a blessed and spiritual month but as someone else has also pointed out, there are exceptions. If it is difficult to fast during exam period because of concentration levels, people suffering from headaches etc then it is permissible to pay back that fast by fasting a different day.
rainbowc4k3
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Because it's easier.

Other than that.

Have a great day.
It's funny I'm sensing a hostile approach from your direction ---> People have exams coming up, GCSEs and the big A-levels as well as other ones; our lives and livelihoods/dreams/goals are on the line and they have a full lasting effect forever (sorry I have exams coming too), missing fasts to provide better chances to better your life in the future shouldn't be such a hard question; if you've fasted before you know what you're capable of during the fast and it's effects on your power.
If you wanna be hostile towards people for choosing whether or not they should provide themselves more of a chance to be successful, make their family proud, achieve their dreams and goals then by all means be that hater.
There's no extreme rule on it, sure we have to make up any lost fasts but that's do-able after the exams so fast if you want but the responsibilities for your exams is still THE PRESENT burden.
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
great, been breaking it every 4-5 hours.
chloewright11
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is weird but i come from a mixed type of family. basically, i have a twin sister whom i don't live with and she's a muslim. she lives with my dad who's also a muslim, and i on the other hand am atheist as well as my mum whom i live with. we're both doing exams now and she fasts. she said to me that you should only fast if you think you can, but that you shouldn't say you can't fast as an excuse to miss them. so in my opinion, i think that you should fast only if you can and there shouldn't really be a debate on this tbh because its your personal body.
serpent666
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Tasnim Alam)
People are not forced to fast, but people choose to esp during exam season, to be spiritually connected to god, receive blessings and pray for success throughout the period.
Thank you for educating me haha. You’re beautiful js!
username3682542
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you for educating me haha. You’re beautiful js!
Lol its okay. And thankyou x
Henlover101
Rep:
?

I will do inshallah
Henlover101
Rep:
?
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
great, been breaking it every 4-5 hours.
I feel really bad what I did is make a list of all the things I want to do throughout that day and have a lot of things in mind this is great because you are constantly distracted
Inazuma
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I fast approx 23h every day normally not for religious reasons. It's perfectly healthy to fast and keeping energy is easy so long as you fuel right so have fun & enjoy the benefits too..
username3974934
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Inshallah x
Henlover101
Rep:
?
(Original post by chloewright11)
This is weird but i come from a mixed type of family. basically, i have a twin sister whom i don't live with and she's a muslim. she lives with my dad who's also a muslim, and i on the other hand am atheist as well as my mum whom i live with. we're both doing exams now and she fasts. she said to me that you should only fast if you think you can, but that you shouldn't say you can't fast as an excuse to miss them. so in my opinion, i think that you should fast only if you can and there shouldn't really be a debate on this tbh because its your personal body.
Honestly I think it just just depends on the person if you decide to fast during exams you take the responsibility if you don’t decide to fast during exams you don’t easy as that some people are extremely strict and say you have to fast no matter what. But being in a family who does full research looks at proofs and evidence from texts etc think that you shouldn’t if you don’t want to. It’s just what you want to do if you think it’s right do it really.
Henlover101
Rep:
?
(Original post by Inazuma)
I fast approx 23h every day normally not for religious reasons. It's perfectly healthy to fast and keeping energy is easy so long as you fuel right so have fun & enjoy the benefits too..
We love a good queen
eesaali128
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Henlover101)
I am fasting and am not doing the exams this year do not worry. I also think it is not right the fact that people are fasting during exams it’s pretty stupid as u need the energy and you can do the fasts you missed at another time
Im doing my AS exams and fasting, its not a problem at all. all my exams are in the morning and 1 in the afternoon, and I just get my reivision done before 7 so im not fatigued
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.78%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.96%
No I am happy with my course choice (401)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (100)
14.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise