Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know it's a bit late seen as though the exams were back in January, but in preperation for June, what little tips do you have?

#1 Go to the toilet before the exam. There is nothing worse than needing a wee, but not wanting to go incase you run out of time haha.
    #2 Chew chewing gum. I've heard it works, not sure how or why, but apparently so. I wouldn't reccommend for a 3 hour exam though!

Your ideas...

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you eat before the exam. It'll help you focus and it will prevent distracting others. The number of people's stomachs I've heard rumbling in exams and it has really distracted me. I don't get how people can do exams whilst feeling really hungry.

ReputationRep:
    Have more then one working pen and know your candidate number off by heart- if you're making an effort to remembe that then you might forget things you need for the exam.

Umm, if your school allows it ( and I don't see why not; though my old one didn't) take a bottle of water in with you; and thirstyness is horrible and could distract you- especially if other people have water and you don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue Rose)
    Make sure you eat before the exam. It'll help you focus and it will prevent distracting others. The number of people's stomachs I've heard rumbling in exams and it has really distracted me. I don't get how people can do exams whilst feeling really hungry.
    ugh - the WORST THING - when in an exam, half your attention is on the paper, half is on clenching your stomach so it doesn't gurgle again. and the "oh god here comes another rumble" feeling - as if your stomach is going "OOO I KNOW THE ANSWER!"

horrible.

eat well.

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Any suggestions on what not to eat? I remember being in exams and wanting to let one rip.

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing wrong with eating these things but don't eat them directly before an exams.
    Lots of vegetables, esp green ones like cabbage and broccoli
    Fruit-apples, bananas etc
    And everyone knows about beans...

ReputationRep:
    Apparently dark chocolate helps you concentrate. Oooh and fish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue Rose)
    On one of my interview days that happened to me during the written part, not only does it not help you conentrate it's bloody embarassing

ReputationRep:
    Don't eat excessive amounts before the exam, if you get too full, blood diverts to the stomach away from the brain, so you can't think as quickly. Have a lighter lunch.

Also, this june Im doing 13 exams (im taking my A2s) is this too much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botticello)
    Also, this june Im doing 13 exams (im taking my A2s) is this too much?
    It's alot, but it's managable. I've got 10 I think. There's nothing you can do about it now anyway
    It will be stressful, but it's only a few weeks, so power through

ReputationRep:
    I actually havent entered what I want to resit, just planning as now.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.