The Student Room Group

GCSE Maths revision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys!

As you know the maths gcse exams are around the corner, so does anyone have good tips on how to revise?

Thanks!
Try these predicted papers, although you can't print it off I wrote down the questions and answers as I went through for a hard copy. at the end it gives you a score and a grade as it marks it as you go through. there is a also a video that shows you how to do it if your stuck, good luck

https://www.onmaths.com
Original post by thestudent33
Hey guys!

As you know the maths gcse exams are around the corner, so does anyone have good tips on how to revise?

Thanks!

try this website called seneca learning; it has a lot of maths based courses its free to sign up and it has a lot of boards i think --> i revised sciences like this!!!
Do the papers on maths genie if you haven't already done so.
Thanks for all the advice guys!

Oddly enough I just found out seneca a few seconds ago! It was a link on Bitesize!

Also, I have attempted the Onmaths papers already, but thanks for posting that!

I will try the maths genie papers - could someone give me a link please?

Thanks all!
Hey guys!

Thanks!

Do lots of practice by doing practice questions and practice papers. When doing questions when you're confident don't just move on but try the hardest questions on them and problem solving questions on them as they're the ones more likely to come up in the exam and which you may get wrong on even if you think you've understood them or you may make a mistake in them. For topics you don't understand or fully understand look at worked examples from revision guides, workbooks, YouTube etc

Here is a list of sources:
CGP or Pearson workbooks and revision guides or any good one.
Corbett Maths
Heggarty Maths
Mr Barton Maths
SML Maths
Crash Maths(
Chrchill(mostly practice papers)
Just Maths
seneca and maths genie but already been mentioned
Your school may give you maths watch or my maths or something similar
And I think that's more than enough sources
Original post by Iahmed512
Do lots of practice by doing practice questions and practice papers. When doing questions when you're confident don't just move on but try the hardest questions on them and problem solving questions on them as they're the ones more likely to come up in the exam and which you may get wrong on even if you think you've understood them or you may make a mistake in them. For topics you don't understand or fully understand look at worked examples from revision guides, workbooks, YouTube etc

Here is a list of sources:
CGP or Pearson workbooks and revision guides or any good one.
Corbett Maths
Heggarty Maths
Mr Barton Maths
SML Maths
Crash Maths(
Chrchill(mostly practice papers)
Just Maths
seneca and maths genie but already been mentioned
Your school may give you maths watch or my maths or something similar
And I think that's more than enough sources

Thanks, i finished GCSE maths a while back though! But thanks anyway! :smile:
Thanks, i finished GCSE maths a while back though! But thanks anyway! :smile:

Yeah I realised that after posting but not point in deleting it as it will hopefully help anyone else who may see this though, and I can just copy and paste it to another thread.
How did you do, if you don't mind me asking?
Yeah I realised that after posting but not point in deleting it as it will hopefully help anyone else who may see this though, and I can just copy and paste it to another thread.
How did you do, if you don't mind me asking?

I got a 6 but since i did it in year 10 i'm able to do it again so i'm doing it this year to try and get a 8
I got a 6 but since i did it in year 10 i'm able to do it again so i'm doing it this year to try and get a 8

That's still good then, do you know what a level subjects you want to do yet?
That's still good then, do you know what a level subjects you want to do yet?

Yeah, hopefully maths, physics and business.
Yeah, hopefully maths, physics and business.

Oh nice, I'm doing physics and maths too at the moment(I'm in year 12)
Oh nice, I'm doing physics and maths too at the moment(I'm in year 12)

Cool. How is it? Big step up from gcse?
Cool. How is it? Big step up from gcse?

Yeah it's good and I like them but not right from the beginning for me to be honest, still haven't fully got into the harder stuff yet but yes it is
Methood maths

Quick Reply

Latest