Comparing Seen Poems For GCSE English Literature (Help)

Watch
humphreyseuan19
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Does anybody know how to structure a response to the seen poetry section of the edexcel English literature paper 2? What do I need to compare and do I do an introduction/conclusion, thanks.
Kev lad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by humphreyseuan19)
Does anybody know how to structure a response to the seen poetry section of the edexcel English literature paper 2? What do I need to compare and do I do an introduction/conclusion, thanks.
It’s probably the most difficult part of the paper and realistically getting half marks on that is decent.
What I usually do is compare language device and structure.
Remember most people will struggle on that therefore identifying and comparing language device (eg.metaphor) will allow you to gain more marks.
~btw I personally find non seen solid af
mollie241
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by humphreyseuan19)
I personally would not waste time writing an introduction and conclusion as they may get you some marks but probably not many.
I would make sure you have a paragraph on language, a paragraph on structure and and a paragraph on form as then you are talking about everything the examiner has asked. Also, i would include quotes throughout making sure you are labeling the language feature/structure and form points eg. metaphor, repetition, 1st person etc.

I think that poetry is really hard so I would be trying to remember 2-3 quotes from each poem so you at least have a little bit to talk about.

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (30)
5.23%
Uncertainty around my education (67)
11.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.5%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
13.07%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (33)
5.75%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (30)
5.23%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (61)
10.63%
Financial worries (36)
6.27%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (23)
4.01%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
5.92%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.61%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (57)
9.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (47)
8.19%

Watched Threads