The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE PE PAPER 2 unofficial mark scheme

Everyone post ur answers!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arjun14421
Everyone post ur answers!

test was easy af lol, can't remember what number each question was tho, if you could say the question for each question number then i could answer
What did u write for last question about impact of media and sponsorship on sports performer, and the effect on athletics after Russian athletes were banned? Everything else was minor
What did u write for last question about impact of media and sponsorship on sports performer, and the effect on athletics after Russian athletes were banned? Everything else was minor

9 mark: sponsorship brings money into the sport so this can put pressure on the performer to win as there is a lot more focus on the money than the actual enjoyment which a performer has in sport. So performers are more likely to get dropped out of a team/ sold if they lose a cup final.

Media puts pressure on performers since fans will talk about their performance etc. This could motivate performers as they may want to perform well in order to receive praise from fans (and may be motivated from sponsorship as they get more money). However this may encourage performers to use performance enhancing drugs as they may do whatever it takes to win, this is a negative impact- they could get banned if caught.

Media increases scrutiny and invades privacy of performers, from increased coverage etc. So more likely to be caught doing something bad e.g. smoking in changing room, this could ruin their reputation and they may lose sponsors who dont want to be associated with them, so lose income as sponsorship deals drawn to an end. is basically wat i said

for Russia:
Loss of sponsors
Ruined reputation of sport
Loss of money coming into sport (from sponsors)
Facilities can't be developed as much (since less money) so athletes can't train as much/ as well as they could have

(not too sure about the second 2 but first 2 are definitely right)
Reply 5

Hi Arjun...my f*****g twin dont chat now you said it was hard
Reply 6
Do I know u? Dont use inappropriate language on the chat. and love your neighbor as yourself.

Original post by Any Beanz
for Russia:
Loss of sponsors
Ruined reputation of sport
Loss of money coming into sport (from sponsors)
Facilities can't be developed as much (since less money) so athletes can't train as much/ as well as they could have

(not too sure about the second 2 but first 2 are definitely right)

i know the spec said something about credibility of performances as well which i put down. repuation and credibility is what i talked about.
What did everyone put for outline two features of each somata type? Because it is OUTLINE you cant merely state tall or broad shoulders etc
There was one question on “which friend had an excess amount of calories needed”- the answer was “friend 5”

We had to define “Mental health”- definition is something along the lines of: the physiological state of well being.

Within the 6 mark question on preventing hooliganism these were the points I made, which I’m sure I got above 5 marks for:
reinforced security with surveillance (cameras)
early kick-offs (reduces amount of alcohol consumed)
segregation of fans (separates rival fans)
Alcohol/drug restrictions
Etc

There was a tick the box question describing a drug- the answer was “beta blockers”
Original post by JamesR125
What did everyone put for outline two features of each somata type? Because it is OUTLINE you cant merely state tall or broad shoulders etc

James, by outline the meant “state” the features, ectomorph: tall/thin/narrow shoulders/narrow hips
Mesomorph:wide hips/wide shoulders
Original post by Zora7

What did you get in the practical out of 100?
Original post by Jaycemarsh
James, by outline the meant “state” the features, ectomorph: tall/thin/narrow shoulders/narrow hips
Mesomorph:wide hips/wide shoulders

Original post by BigBoysUnited
i know the spec said something about credibility of performances as well which i put down. repuation and credibility is what i talked about.

Original post by Ryan2002

I got 85 what about you?
I got 85 what about you?

What sports did you choose?

I got 86 in table tennis, football and handball. Should have got higher for table tennis though.

Football, boxing, athletics
Football, boxing, athletics

I should’ve got higher for my coursework but don’t think teacher felt like marking that day😂
I got 24 athletics 25 boxing 25 football

Quick Reply

Latest