Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I'm really struggling with how to approach question 3 in Section A (12 marks) bc we have to include our own examples. Does any know of a structure I could follow/points to mention/examples/theories/issues & debates etc? I'm really struggling with this question the exam. Same for Section B (48 marks) on a case study of our choice (I chose identities) Again, any good, clear structure I should follow, theories etc , any help would be appreciated thanks

ReputationRep:
    For the case study question - ensure you look at all three platforms for your text(s). For example, I am doing Masculinity and one of my texts is James Bond so I have looked at their social media and their website (E-Media), poster (print) and watched a few trailers / one film (broadcasting) to get a general idea of how they are represented. You should look for general textual analysis so that it shows that you have done research into the case study but remember to link to to theories - Gauntlett and Jenkins are ones which I use a lot. If you don't think you can go into a lot of detail - then don't - just ensure that you can remember specific examples to back up your points.

Section A - I'm assuming your okay with question one as you didn't mention it - if your not then its basically AS skills - textual analysis. Question 2 is similar but bringing in your own examples - this obviously depends on what the stimulus material is on. Question 3 will be based on issue and debates (I'm hoping for gender debates or new/digital media). Try to to over think this question - a lot can apply if you explain it - bring in current affairs (e.g. #MeToo, Brexit) - stuff which show that you keep up to date with media. I can't suggest a structure as such but try and remember a few of your favourite theories - there is no need to remember loads as its only a 12 marker.

I don't know if any of this is useful - don't stress and good luck for the 4th of June.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloemelissa_)
    For the case study question - ensure you look at all three platforms for your text(s). For example, I am doing Masculinity and one of my texts is James Bond so I have looked at their social media and their website (E-Media), poster (print) and watched a few trailers / one film (broadcasting) to get a general idea of how they are represented. You should look for general textual analysis so that it shows that you have done research into the case study but remember to link to to theories - Gauntlett and Jenkins are ones which I use a lot. If you don't think you can go into a lot of detail - then don't - just ensure that you can remember specific examples to back up your points.

Section A - I'm assuming your okay with question one as you didn't mention it - if your not then its basically AS skills - textual analysis. Question 2 is similar but bringing in your own examples - this obviously depends on what the stimulus material is on. Question 3 will be based on issue and debates (I'm hoping for gender debates or new/digital media). Try to to over think this question - a lot can apply if you explain it - bring in current affairs (e.g. #MeToo, Brexit) - stuff which show that you keep up to date with media. I can't suggest a structure as such but try and remember a few of your favourite theories - there is no need to remember loads as its only a 12 marker.

I don't know if any of this is useful - don't stress and good luck for the 4th of June.
    Thanks so much!! this was v helpful I also hope question 3 is about gender/NDM, fingers crossed!! I don't think I have enough texts for my case study?! bascially i've chosen to do the representation of female celebrities, specifically music artists. So i’ve chosen to focus on Pink 1. instagram/twitter accounts (social media) 2. what about us (music video) and 3. her MTV gender neutrality speech (TV) - do you think i should have a fourth platform i.e. print e.g. album cover or a documentary? Thanks again and good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemoncow)
    Thanks so much!! this was v helpful I also hope question 3 is about gender/NDM, fingers crossed!! I don't think I have enough texts for my case study?! bascially i've chosen to do the representation of female celebrities, specifically music artists. So i’ve chosen to focus on Pink 1. instagram/twitter accounts (social media) 2. what about us (music video) and 3. her MTV gender neutrality speech (TV) - do you think i should have a fourth platform i.e. print e.g. album cover or a documentary? Thanks again and good luck to you too
    Your welcome, glad it helped. Tbh it wouldn't hurt for you to have a fourth platform - shows that you have broad knowledge and have completed in depth research. Print would be a great choice - especially a CD cover as she is a music artist. Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloemelissa_)
    Your welcome, glad it helped. Tbh it wouldn't hurt for you to have a fourth platform - shows that you have broad knowledge and have completed in depth research. Print would be a great choice - especially a CD cover as she is a music artist. Thankyou
    Thanks again, also for question 3 if it happens to be based on NDM what are some examples would you use and which theorists would you link them to? Not a big fan of NDM/new technologies :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemoncow)
    Thanks again, also for question 3 if it happens to be based on NDM what are some examples would you use and which theorists would you link them to? Not a big fan of NDM/new technologies :/
    Also, what other current affairs/recent issues would you like to apart from Brexit/#MeToo as part of the wider debate. Thanks again

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 23, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.