francisneumann
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey all,

how common is it for students to do internships during a one year masters program in the UK? (During the third semester maybe, when you are working on your dissertation?)

(I have been accepted into a couple of MSc MathFin programs)

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by francisneumann)
Hey all,

how common is it for students to do internships during a one year masters program in the UK? (During the third semester maybe, when you are working on your dissertation?)

Not impossible, but not common, the workload is too intense. If you've got a June July submission date then an Aug/Sep internship works, but Christmas and Easter are generally impossible and it's a very great risk to take with the dissertation.
policypost
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey all,

UCL Encourages one-term internships, at least for the course that I have been accepted onto (MSc in the pol. science school), I don't see why it would be different for other universities/courses.
francisneumann
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by policypost)
UCL Encourages one-term internships, at least for the course that I have been accepted onto (MSc in the pol. science school), I don't see why it would be different for other universities/courses.
Will you also be studying your programs modules during that semester or is it an internship only semester?
policypost
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Will you also be studying your programs modules during that semester or is it an internship only semester?
It is not an internship only semester, and it is not a requirement. The way you choose modules means that you are left with slightly more time in one term than the
other, and they say you should (obviously) do the internship in the term you have more time in. Hope that helped!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (54)
16.98%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.62%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (119)
37.42%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (43)
13.52%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.46%

Watched Threads