Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone
    I am currently in Year9 and I will be doing my GCSEs in 2020. I thought that I could create a chat on which we can discuss what we are working on at school and what we would like to get in our GSCEs. I know that they are a long way away but I guess we could help each other if we are struggling to learn anything. I have just finished my end of year exams and I hope to get my results soon. Post what you would like to achieve and what you think you will achieve. It will be interesting to look back at this in a few years time!!

Thanks!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to add, pls post which subjects you are taking!!

ReputationRep:
    wow, well done! I think it's definitely wise to start early! But don't stress yourself out too much right now. Best thing about planning ahead is that you won't panic so much later.

May I suggest a few websites that are really helpful with revision?

Learning Scientists - actual scientists giving the best revision tips - http://www.learningscientists.org/bl...y=For+Students
    Revision timetable - this blog has a guide on how to create effective timetables - https://www.kent-teach.com/Blog/post...-learning.aspx
    Seneca Learning - this has loads and loads of exam-board specific practice questions - https://senecalearning.com/

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much!!!

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to mention that anyone who has already done their GCSEs is welcome. It would be really helpful if you gave us suggestions and advice like @LarissaAlves

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt start now as it’s really early, I started in like year 10 because one thing I regret doing is not starting later as I tired out towards the end

ReputationRep:
    I’m not really clever but I want to do well in my gcse so I thought I could start revising

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else feel like this?

ReputationRep:
    I just had my end of year exams and I have started getting my marks back for the sciences and I’m not doing well

ReputationRep:
    I not the lowest but the marks aren’t great

ReputationRep:
    If anyone was in that position, what did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astrid2018)
    Hi Everyone
    I am currently in Year9 and I will be doing my GCSEs in 2020. I thought that I could create a chat on which we can discuss what we are working on at school and what we would like to get in our GSCEs. I know that they are a long way away but I guess we could help each other if we are struggling to learn anything. I have just finished my end of year exams and I hope to get my results soon. Post what you would like to achieve and what you think you will achieve. It will be interesting to look back at this in a few years time!!

Thanks!!
    Hey! I'm finish year 9 and I'm taking double science, ICT, history and business. My teachers tell me not to start revising hard in year 9 and instead start in the middle of year 10

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone

Thanks!!
    Why is this even a thread? Year 9’s...

ReputationRep:
    I’m not really clever but I want to do well in my gcse so I thought I could start revising
    wow you are very eager. ngl, i started revising a month before the real exam started XD. i was mucking around all the way till year 11 tbh.

ReputationRep:
    hi! i'm assuming you haven't yet started your gcse courses?
    i have some tips for year 10, when most people start their gcse course- my last gcse is on friday and i wish i had done some of things to make life a lot easier now ..
    - year 10 is very important, since you will be covering around half of your gcse course
    - make sure you concentrate and utilise class time effectively, trying to understand everything before you leave the classroom, the ENTIRE YEAR
    - do not do what i did, and only concentrate for like the first half term, because you're just going to fail since you won't be learning the info
    - i am currently doing my gcses, and i've had to revise for things the day before the acc exam, and it's stuff we covered in year 10, just because i wasn't listening when we were taught it
    - for example, in maths, i was convinced after the first week that since my teacher was bad (which he isn't, he was just confused on the first day bc he's from america and he landed a few days beforehand), and that there was no point in me listening for the rest of the next two years, and i did exactly that, only doing the bare minimum, if that
    - this was a MASSIVE mistake, since i realised far too late by the end of year 11 just how GREAT he was, but it was too late, i didn't know any maths, and it was all my fault- i've had to cram in 2 years worth of maths over two days for my gcses, and that wouldn't have happened if i had just paid attention and listened
    - story time over, listen to your teachers, and don't give up on them- the school wouldn't have hired them if they were rubbish
    - KEEP ALL RESOURCES PLEASE you will love yourself later- i wish i did this, but i used to hide away, or rip up all my past papers bc they were pretty much always rubbish whoops
    - START MAKING NOTES OR FLASHCARDS NOW, as you go through the syllabus: it will make life like x10 easier in year 11- but this isn't necessary, it's still doable in year 11
    -uhhhhh if i think of any more i'll come back!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibyghee)
    wow you are very eager. ngl, i started revising a month before the real exam started XD. i was mucking around all the way till year 11 tbh.
    forget months... i covered half of my physics content at 4am on the day of the exam xD

ReputationRep:
    I'll be joining you in 2020 with my results. Super nervous already. I know I have unrealistic expectations to go to Cambridge or Oxford with all nines when I'm only getting threes and fours right now. I'm not really as smart as I like to think. I don't know what subjects I've gotten in to for gcses because there are 350 students in my year all competing for limited spaces. However I did opt for triple science( which only has 30 spaces), history and graphic communications, computing which is compulsory. And my reserve choices are Spanish,Geography and Art and design . I too did my end of year assessments to dictate my sets for next year last week and I'm waiting in anticipation for the results. Any advice for the next two years?I think we can help each other out.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.