The Student Room Group

I want to redo year 13

Im studying Alevel Bio,chem and maths (old spec). I honestly feel like im gonna get UUU. i dont know what to do, i spent most of my time focusing on my medicine application and have not been studying for my exams. I honestly want to redo year 13. I have asked my school head of year he said that the school does not offer it and he doesnt care because my attendance this year is very low and my grades plumpeted this year (last year i was doing so well and got AAB. I dont know what to do and also the math spec will be different and if i do get in somewhere, wouldnt i have to redo all my practicals for bio/chem? Would I have to pay to redo the year? OMG I dont know what to do. Ive been trying to go through the chem content but i just started breaking down. I cant do this... I cant cram 2 years of content in a matter of days. I decided to change career paths and want to do pharmacy but still i need good grades for that and i dont think i can get them this year.
Honestly just try as hard as you can, you can do it. If you think about it there is about just over two weeks left until exams.

Every minute counts and I mean that.

Spend every waking moment either doing content or past papers. I believe it is your mindset. If you tell yourself you can do it, you can.

And trust me I understand how hard it is, I do biology and it has an overwhelming amount of content but I will be putting all my efforts in to do well.

If you don't do well, which I doubt if you put all your effort in from now, then you should think about redoing your a levels.

But for now completely change your mindset and tell yourself you are going to do it. Stop using your phone and the internet and solely focus on revision.

Honestly you don't want to do yr 13 again, just think about all the positives to finally leaving school.
Original post by bloodygoth
Honestly just try as hard as you can, you can do it. If you think about it there is about just over two weeks left until exams.

Every minute counts and I mean that.

Spend every waking moment either doing content or past papers. I believe it is your mindset. If you tell yourself you can do it, you can.

And trust me I understand how hard it is, I do biology and it has an overwhelming amount of content but I will be putting all my efforts in to do well.

If you don't do well, which I doubt if you put all your effort in from now, then you should think about redoing your a levels.

But for now completely change your mindset and tell yourself you are going to do it. Stop using your phone and the internet and solely focus on revision.

Honestly you don't want to do yr 13 again, just think about all the positives to finally leaving school.

Okay Ill try to do it but the content isnt sticking in :frown: and could you explain how redoing alevels work. Like where can I redo them and how much would it cost?
Original post by shohaib712
Okay Ill try to do it but the content isnt sticking in :frown: and could you explain how redoing alevels work. Like where can I redo them and how much would it cost?

Firstly I believe that if you start filling your mind up with the possibility of redoing alevels you are setting yourself up for failure so just stop thinking about it.

However if you are entering as a private candidate you have to find a school/college that will allow you to sit the exam there, I found this on AQA's website about the schools that allow for private candidates. You could ask your school if they allow private candidates. Also I'm not sure about the pricing you will have to search that up.
https://www.aqa.org.uk/student-support/private-candidates/finding-a-school-or-college

BUT don't give up HONESTLY it is not worth it. So many people cram every year and do AMAZINGLY. TO allow the content to stay in your brain don't read notes whilst stressing about exams. Calmly read over the notes and engage with it. Then do past papers.

I don't know what exam board you are doing but for instance for biology AQA we have 8 big topics.

so from tomorrow I will do half a topic each day and exam questions. Aswell as doing revision for my other two subjects. Anything is possible don't trick yourself into thinking you can't.
I do not know too much about retakes, but I do know of people that re-do their exams within a gap year. In this time, you could do those exams maybe enter for them externally.

Quick Reply

Latest