YEAR 12 2018: What A Levels are you taking and how have you found them?

Watch
username3992384
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
thread closed
Last edited by username3992384; 2 years ago
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Out of 10 its probably a 5.

Took Maths / Geography / Comp sci
Quirky Object
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey, this is a great thread idea, idk why no one replied earlier I do maths, further maths (probably sitting AS next year, maybe A2 if I clean up my act), English lit, French and Latin, and I've found it a bit underwhelming. French is absolutely awful, maths is ok but dull, Latin is ok but sometimes dull and English is the only one I actually love, which is weird considering I almost didn't take it. I just want to go to uni tbh.
JT_888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
OCR A-Level History H505: Not a huge step up from GCSE History but you are expected to do a lot of reading, note taking and exam practice is crucial.

Edexcel A-Level Economics (Spec A): Quite difficult - Really struggling atm despite using UpLearn with some of the content.

AQA A-Level Sociology: Not bad... Just very content heavy and the textbook sometimes have a load of waffling and crap instead of getting straight to the point.
thotproduct
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Y12

Further Maths (OCR): Good fun, not as bad or particularly hard pure, stats was nice in the end and mechanics was an awesome challenge, I hope for a high A in AS

Maths (OCR): Banter, A.

Physics (OCR): It's quite maths heavy in the first year, but hopefully it gets more interesting in the second year (maths heavy doesn't really imply deep maths in this instance), hoping for an A in the AS. The subject itself is quite dry at AS, so long as you apply some maths and common sense it should be good, but it's a tonne of fun with waves, circuits, and quantum.

Chemistry (AQA): Fun subject, fun life, high A me hopes.

The workload felt like literally nothing but I suppose this goes for anyone who does subjects they enjoy. I would've probably died had I taken an essay subject.

I intend on taking all 4 forward to A2.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.39%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.79%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.51%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.79%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (70)
27.24%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.29%

Watched Threads