The Student Room Group

YEAR 12 2018: What A Levels are you taking and how have you found them?

thread closed
(edited 5 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Out of 10 its probably a 5.

Took Maths / Geography / Comp sci
Hey, this is a great thread idea, idk why no one replied earlier :s-smilie: I do maths, further maths (probably sitting AS next year, maybe A2 if I clean up my act), English lit, French and Latin, and I've found it a bit underwhelming. French is absolutely awful, maths is ok but dull, Latin is ok but sometimes dull and English is the only one I actually love, which is weird considering I almost didn't take it. I just want to go to uni tbh.
Reply 4
OCR A-Level History H505: Not a huge step up from GCSE History but you are expected to do a lot of reading, note taking and exam practice is crucial.

Edexcel A-Level Economics (Spec A): Quite difficult - Really struggling atm despite using UpLearn with some of the content.

AQA A-Level Sociology: Not bad... Just very content heavy and the textbook sometimes have a load of waffling and crap instead of getting straight to the point.
Y12

Further Maths (OCR): Good fun, not as bad or particularly hard pure, stats was nice in the end and mechanics was an awesome challenge, I hope for a high A in AS

Maths (OCR): Banter, A.

Physics (OCR): It's quite maths heavy in the first year, but hopefully it gets more interesting in the second year (maths heavy doesn't really imply deep maths in this instance), hoping for an A in the AS. The subject itself is quite dry at AS, so long as you apply some maths and common sense it should be good, but it's a tonne of fun with waves, circuits, and quantum.

Chemistry (AQA): Fun subject, fun life, high A me hopes.

The workload felt like literally nothing but I suppose this goes for anyone who does subjects they enjoy. I would've probably died had I taken an essay subject.

I intend on taking all 4 forward to A2.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest