Explain what is meant by a “‘finite’ resource” and why it may be bad for business

Watch this thread
Dreamville1
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So this would be a 9 marker in the new spec, I have the general costs becoming higher argument any others you guys can think of?
jpt4749
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Finite or scarce resources imply that firms with exclusive access to valuable inputs can benefit from having comparative advantage over others. In other words the scarce resources represent barrier to entry for some new entrants who have a little information or insights about the business.
Dreamville1
Rep:
Thats perfect you only need two points on the 9 markers, thanks guys
JT_888
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dreamville1)
So this would be a 9 marker in the new spec, I have the general costs becoming higher argument any others you guys can think of?
You just need to understand that we have infinite (unlimited) wants and finite (scarce/limited) resources and all you need to do for 9 marks is to develop a chain of reasoning (a structured explanation) as to how that might be bad for businesses.
Boss_Rhythm
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I do this years AQA one.
Luckily, it's much easier than the new spec
Dreamville1
Rep:
(Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
I do this years AQA one.
Luckily, it's much easier than the new spec
lucky you haha, what did you get?

(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
You just need to understand that we have infinite (unlimited) wants and finite (scarce/limited) resources and all you need to do for 9 marks is to develop a chain of reasoning (a structured explanation) as to how that might be bad for businesses.
Sure I understood that, Wasnt sure one point would be enough for the full 9 marks though. Thanks for the advice mate
JT_888
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Sure I understood that, Wasnt sure one point would be enough for the full 9 marks though. Thanks for the advice mate
You would probably need 2-3 well developed chains of reasoning to get the full 9 marks. Apologies for not being clear.
Boss_Rhythm
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
lucky you haha, what did you get?
Haven't got my results yet lol
The exam is on wednesday
Hoping for the A* tho!
Dreamville1
Rep:
Haven't got my results yet lol
The exam is on wednesday
Hoping for the A* tho!
Oh so you still do the old spec, goodluck im hoping the same lol
Dreamville1
Rep:
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
You would probably need 2-3 well developed chains of reasoning to get the full 9 marks. Apologies for not being clear.
No need to apologise, I thought 2-3 chains was enough good to have clarification. Are you doing a level econ too?
Boss_Rhythm
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Oh so you still do the old spec, goodluck im hoping the same lol
Yup, still do the old spec
Looking much easier than the new one
Dreamville1
Rep:
Yup, still do the old spec
Looking much easier than the new one
Some areas are harder tbf but ngl I would rather do 3 exams not 4 like you guys
Boss_Rhythm
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Some areas are harder tbf but ngl I would rather do 3 exams not 4 like you guys
I do 2 exams and coursework
Dreamville1
Rep:
CW?! thats weird lol I thought you had units 1-4
I do 2 exams and coursework
Boss_Rhythm
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
CW?! thats weird lol I thought you had units 1-4
Nah just units 1 and 2 and coursework
Dreamville1
Rep:
Nah just units 1 and 2 and coursework
thats mad lool well good luck man you got two days left
Boss_Rhythm
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
thats mad lool well good luck man you got two days left
Yup, thanks good luck in your exams for the future
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (40)
31.75%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (58)
46.03%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (27)
21.43%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.79%

Watched Threads