What does this phrase mean to you? Watch

carrotstar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
As part of a job interview, I have been asked to produce a short presentation with the subject:

“The Current EU Skincare Market and Future Trends”

What do you interpret this to mean?

From a cosmetic background and considering the job I’m applying for, I assumed it would be in terms of products, however a simple Google search brings up nothing but economy which I know nothing about!

On the one hand, I need to understand this companies market, but on the other hand my job is making the product in a laboratory and the market isn’t in my knowledge nor should it need to be!

I would ask the recruiter but they want it on Monday morning so I’m stuffed...

Thoughts?
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well I would interpret this as what's currently popular on the skincare market in the EU, what's selling (throw in a few stats for evidence?) and what the likely future course for skin care will be.

I don't have any background In economics or business though so I might be completely off course.
carrotstar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
Well I would interpret this as what's currently popular on the skincare market in the EU, what's selling (throw in a few stats for evidence?) and what the likely future course for skin care will be.

I don't have any background In economics or business though so I might be completely off course.
That’s what my boyfriend suggested who’s in a similar knowledge situation.

Thank you!
Assh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by carrotstar)
As part of a job interview, I have been asked to produce a short presentation with the subject:

“The Current EU Skincare Market and Future Trends”

What do you interpret this to mean?

From a cosmetic background and considering the job I’m applying for, I assumed it would be in terms of products, however a simple Google search brings up nothing but economy which I know nothing about!

On the one hand, I need to understand this companies market, but on the other hand my job is making the product in a laboratory and the market isn’t in my knowledge nor should it need to be!

I would ask the recruiter but they want it on Monday morning so I’m stuffed...

Thoughts?
So because it says 'market' it's basically asking what is currently selling in the EU what are the consumers (EU) purchasing the most. So specific products perhaps and then implement your findings to determine a possible future trend on the products likely to become a success
carrotstar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Assh)
So because it says 'market' it's basically asking what is currently selling in the EU. Basically what are the consumers (EU) purchasing the most. So specific products perhaps and then implement your findings to determine a possible future trend on the products likely to become a success.
Thank you for that!

My next issues is where on Earth I find out what’s selling! There’s only so much information I can come across without paying £600 or more to access a full report. I feel like they’re expecting an economics graduate, not a cosmetic scientist!
Assh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by carrotstar)
Thank you for that!

My next issues is where on Earth I find out what’s selling! There’s only so much information I can come across without paying £600 or more to access a full report. I feel like they’re expecting an economics graduate, not a cosmetic scientist!
Perhaps based on your own knowledge and then use google to provide statistics. For example, right now products such as Mario Badescu is a massive seller based on what I can see on social media. Maybe see if there are any trends with that product specifically and see how much profit they make per year in comparison to a similar brand.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (59)
18.38%
Unconditional if firmed (25)
7.79%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.62%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (11)
3.43%
No unconditional offers (224)
69.78%

Watched Threads