I'm a Buddhist. Ask me questions about Buddhism

Watch
autumnwriter
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone,

I saw the Christian equivalent of this post and really love the idea - a great way to spread diversity awareness. Feel free to ask anything about Buddhism and I'll try my best to answer them
DemocracyUK
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If there is no god and idols in buddhism, why is the founding buddha (fat bud-bud) idolised in statues?
prophetkid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why did you choose Buddhism over a different religion/atheism?
autumnwriter
Rep:
?
(Original post by DemocracyUK)
If there is no god and idols in buddhism, why is the founding buddha (fat bud-bud) idolised in statues?
Hi,
Depending on your school of Buddhism, there are multiple Gods, and there are ALWAYS idols. The main premise you're getting at is Buddism doesn't believe in an all ruling God over any others. Buddha is idolised because he founded Buddhism and is seen more as a teacher than anything else. Hopefully this has helped
BTAnonymous
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Interesting. I don't know much about the religion so what made you to choose Buddhism?
autumnwriter
Rep:
?
(Original post by prophetkid)
Why did you choose Buddhism over a different religion/atheism?
Hi,

Personally I feel Buddhism fits my beliefs the closest. I'm not a huge believer of Gods in the physical sense, but I am a very spiritual person and do believe in reincarnation and Gods in the metaphorical, state of mind sense. Therefore Atheism does not quite fit my personal opinion, and neither do any others. I especially like how the religion bases around selflessness and avoiding blind faith. Hopefully this has helped
autumnwriter
Rep:
?
(Original post by BTAnonymous)
Interesting. I don't know much about the religion so what made you to choose Buddhism?
Hello, I just answered this in my previous reply. Feel free to read it
Debstar134
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can you explain the three types of Buddhism
Idg a damn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does being unfilial causes one to be reborn in lower realms?
Roindiana28
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
When did you first learn about Buddhism?
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Buddhists I have met have all been nice people nd I have nothing against any personally.

I don't know if it has changed much since it began about 2500 years ago, but as a Christian I saw some prophecies in the bible that seemed to match it, so after a fair bit of research I came up with this for it's origins.
Last edited by NJA; 1 year ago
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by NJA)
Buddhists I have met have all been nice people nd I have nothing against any personally.

I don't know if it has changed much since it began about 2500 years ago, but as a Christian I saw some prophecies in the bible that seemed to match it, so after a fair bit of research I came up with this for it's origins.
Do you read Sanskrit and/or Pāli?
Last edited by gjd800; 1 year ago
NJA
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gjd800)
Do you read Sanskrit and/or Pāli?
No
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by NJA)
No
Hmm. Ok, cheers man.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (254)
34%
No (493)
66%

Watched Threads