Exam discussion for AQA AS English Language and Literature Paper 1 (18th of May)

Watch
TerribleGrades
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I thought I'd make an exam discussion, seeing as no other threads were up. What came up for the following sections?

Section A: imagined worlds
Frankenstein -
Dracula -
The handmaid's tale - How is Gilead presented in an extract (description of a wall).
The lovely bones - How is Susie's thoughts presented

Section B: Poetic voices
Donne -
Browning -
Duffy - How is speaker's attitudes to time presented in Never Go Back and Mean Time.
Heaney -
TerribleGrades
Rep:
?
bump, anyone? xD
Blancosdos
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TerribleGrades)
bump, anyone? xD
I do A2 English language and lit(much more easier than the disgusting AS version), and it seems that the AS class got really lucky with Gilead's question and Duffy(last year was Valentine randomly being compared with Small Female Skull of everything LOOL). They had it easier.

Do you do A2?
TerribleGrades
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blancosdos)
I do A2 English language and lit(much more easier than the disgusting AS version), and it seems that the AS class got really lucky with Gilead's question and Duffy(last year was Valentine randomly being compared with Small Female Skull of everything LOOL). They had it easier.

Do you do A2?
yes I do
ellamaex
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I thought I'd make an exam discussion, seeing as no other threads were up. What came up for the following sections?

Section A: imagined worlds
Frankenstein -
Dracula -
The handmaid's tale - How is Gilead presented in an extract (description of a wall).
The lovely bones -

Section B: Poetic voices
Donne -
Browning -
Duffy - How is speaker's attitudes to time presented in Never Go Back and Mean Time.
Heaney -

last year for A2 the lovely bones it was explore the significance of susie's heaven in the novel and explore the significance of George Harvey in the novel and I'm so annoyed because those questions are a gift
TerribleGrades
Rep:
?
(Original post by ellamaex)
last year for A2 the lovely bones it was explore the significance of susie's heaven in the novel and explore the significance of George Harvey in the novel and I'm so annoyed because those questions are a gift
yeah. also apparently in AS this year they got pictures from the paris anthology! bet that was hard to do
TerribleGrades
Rep:
?
also for the AS of lovely bones, I think it was how Susie’s thoughts were presented in an extract.
ellamaex
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yeah. also apparently in AS this year they got pictures from the paris anthology! bet that was hard to do
ah right I don't know what was on the AS paper this year but do you think that could effect what comes up on the A2 paper?
TerribleGrades
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blancosdos)

Do you do A2?
I didn't even know Duffy was being offered as a text LOOL.
TerribleGrades
Rep:
?
(Original post by ellamaex)
ah right I don't know what was on the AS paper this year but do you think that could effect what comes up on the A2 paper?
Potentially, but there's no guarantee. I personally think they can't have 2 of the same text with the same theme; as this would mean they would have similar mark schemes. But they could have 2 of the same text with a different theme. The chances of a question being repeated from AS to A-level are very slim but don't take my word for it.

Also, the AS vs A-level structures the question a bit differently from the AS so there may be leeway/exceptions in that department.
ellamaex
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Potentially, but there's no guarantee. I personally think they can't have 2 of the same text with the same theme; as this would mean they would have similar mark schemes. But they could have 2 of the same text with a different theme. The chances of a question being repeated from AS to A-level are very slim but don't take my word for it.

Also, the AS vs A-level structures the question a bit differently from the AS so there may be leeway/exceptions in that department.

yeah thats why I thought! which texts came up on the AS paper for Paris?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (47)
24.35%
Less motivated (146)
75.65%

Watched Threads