The Student Room Group

First Week Of GCSE Exams Done - Worried for the Rest?

So the first week of the 2018 GCSE Exams have been completed. Re, Biology and Chemistry and to be honest I'm shocked at how difficult they were in my opinion. Not so much for Re but the two Sciences, in particular, I feel a little worried for and at the moment all I have in my head is: "What if all of the other exams are as hard as those ones were". I really do feel as though I have tried really hard and also revised each subject into detail. Some big exams coming up next week including Maths and English and I don't know how I am feeling about them."Am I going to do ok?" is what is constantly going through my mind. Anyone else feeling like this or did feel like this?
Reply 1
Hey stop thinking about the past, you can’t change them so stop with the worrying and instead trust your self. You are worthy to succeed and have all the happiness in the world.

You’ve already done a week so you know you can do it. You’ll get so used to the exams by the end of it that you’ll almost skip into the last few exams. Everyone’s feeling scared and nervous even if they don’t show it but don’t let others put you down saying it was easy.

My advice (I’m in year 12) is to after the exam don’t hang around asking how others did as it will only make you feel worse. Instead head home, stop off at the shops, get your favourite chocolate bar and embrace how tasty it is

Hope all goes well and I’m sure you’ll smash

Quick Reply

Latest