First Time Car Insurance

Watch
soakley16
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Need some help or suggestions from others experience please... What are the cheapest cars to insure which aren’t extremely expensive? Thanks so much in advance!
wonderland.16
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
To be honest, this is a question that there isn't a proper answer to, as it depends on so many factors. Car insurance prices depend on
- your age
- your gender
- where you live
- the type of insurance
- how old the car is
- what litre the car is
etc.

What I did was went on the comparison site. I have a Renault Modus, was £800 to insure my first year, which is very cheap for first time. It has since dropped in cost. I passed when I was 17 and am female and live in a very rural place with low crime so that lowered it a lot.

All the best. Hope this helps.
wonderland.16
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Also PLEASE make sure you compare the cost of driving a particular car under a Provisional License and a Full- a KA for example is deemed a cheap car. £400 to insure under provisional, but over £1000 once passed (that was a few years ago)
M3g5
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’m 17, I’ve got a Mini Cooper 1.6l, passed my test a couple of weeks ago and I’m paying £1700 for the year fully comp and with a black box. If you mean for provisional licence insurance, I paid £200 for the same car but for 5 months
Jackieox
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I had a mini one, 1.4l and my insurance was £800
username3012438
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
https://www.uswitch.com/car-insuranc...ars-to-insure/

When buying make sure to choose the smallest engine. Don't buy one thats too old as it has higher potential for faults if poorly maintained.
nevershear
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey buddy.

Insurance is very much a "personal" thing, I don't mean in terms of privacy, I mean in the sense any advice that I could give you might be irrelevant because of individual circumstances. Wonderland covered it, best thing you can do is go on autotrader, note the cars you can afford to buy with a small engine size - write down their reg numbers. Run insurance quotes with all of them (do this in a chrome incognito browser, else you won't get accurate results after a while) and find out what works out cheapest for you.
soakley16
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank-you everyone! Really Helpful👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (10)
20.83%
I'm not sure (2)
4.17%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (13)
27.08%
I have already dropped out (2)
4.17%
I'm not a current university student (21)
43.75%

Watched Threads