The Student Room Group

Can you speed up your period?

Scroll to see replies

TBH I don't think there is much you can do about it but I'm assuming that by tonight your flow is going to be pretty light anyway, so maybe you could just go for it? If he's a long term bf then with a little warning I'm sure he won't mind but I can understand if it's your first time with the guy that it might not be the best idea!!!

Good luck, I hope it works out for you.........
Maybe have a bath? That'll clear out some of it :p: And then maybe pelvic floor exercises might squeeze some out?

Or like claire_fox said, just go for it anyway :p: Towel on the bed first or something, maybe..
Reply 22
Helenia
Unless you can justify a GP prescribing you Norethisterone about now-ish, probably not. And even then it wouldn't be totally reliable at stopping it in time.

Wait, Norethisterone can stop it after it's started? I thought if you took it less than three days before you started it had no effect.

Or have I misread something? Sorry if I'm being dumb. :redface:
Dissey
you always have super medical related answers man. respect.

It's cool isn't it :P What I'd give to be a med student...

Actually, take that back, it sounds flippin' hard.

And OP- I don't know of any way to stop it- even period delaying drugs probably wouldn't help. If you could beg your GP to give them you.
Reply 24
Satine
Wait, Norethisterone can stop it after it's started? I thought if you took it less than three days before you started it had no effect.

Or have I misread something? Sorry if I'm being dumb. :redface:

I think it can stop it once it's started if you take high enough doses - I've certainly seen it being used for that purpose. Probably less reliable though. And it will arrive once you stop taking it.
I didn't know you could do that! interesting..
Anyway, my stomach was hurting a little bit today, and it felt like my left oviduct was hurting but the right isn't - any ideas why?
Reply 26
I do know someone whose period lasts about a day, she says it's great. But then she's underweight, and prettymuch an alcoholic. Yeah, I'd rather be healthy.
my mate's last 3 days and doesnt have any pains. strange, eh?
Reply 28
Botticello
I didn't know you could do that! interesting..
Anyway, my stomach was hurting a little bit today, and it felt like my left oviduct was hurting but the right isn't - any ideas why?

Not really. However, what I will say is that your body is incredibly bad at localising pain coming from your abdomen (plus most people's anatomy knowledge is quite patchy) so it may well not be your left oviduct or indeed anything related to your reproductive system. If it's the right time of the month it could be Mittelschmerz (ovulation pain) but otherwise it could just be random twinging, which happens quite a lot.
Reply 29
if your on the pill you could always run two packets together .. sort of thing ... but be careful!
Mooncups are supposed to shorten your period. Look up the thread on TSR and go on www.mooncup.co.uk
Kabloomybuzz
Mooncups are supposed to shorten your period. Look up the thread on TSR and go on www.mooncup.co.uk

I wouldn't say they shorten it, but you forget about them much easier, so it kind of feels shorter :smile:
Reply 32
op what did u do in the end?
Reply 33
Lol, in the end I just stuck the period out and today, finally, it has gone. But it's ok because the opportunity never arose anyway (should I be happy or sad about that..hmm)
Reply 34
I know that my sister had the choice of delaying her period till after her wedding day, but she didn;t have to in the end. Don't know any details though.
Orgasms do work my last period was only lasted a total of 4 days because I had 2 to 3 orgasms a day...it huts when you do it but what is a little pain for an end result that you want??? :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest