The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do...

Basically, Edexcel GCSE Maths is next Thursday...

I've done minimal maths revision and my last Grade was a 6.

I want to get an 8 but I don't know how. I tried going through topics on like every site available, but I only did like 5 topics because it takes so long. I don't know how to move up my grade in less than a week. I want to do A-Level maths and I don't want a 6!

I did my GCSE Maths last year and I got a 6. I don't want that again.

Can someone please direct and tell me what to do?

Thank You!
Original post by xtemi_x
Basically, Edexcel GCSE Maths is next Thursday...

I've done minimal maths revision and my last Grade was a 6.

I want to get an 8 but I don't know how. I tried going through topics on like every site available, but I only did like 5 topics because it takes so long. I don't know how to move up my grade in less than a week. I want to do A-Level maths and I don't want a 6!

I did my GCSE Maths last year and I got a 6. I don't want that again.

Can someone please direct and tell me what to do?

Thank You!

If you're the kind of person who will be able to do well at A-Level Maths, you will easily be able to get a Grade 8/9 at GCSE. You have to understand that there is a significant jump in difficulty when you start A-Level, and things like manipulating indices, algebraic fractions, solving quadratics, etc. are expected to be entirely routine. The fact that you're struggling to get above Grade 6 suggests that you will find the jump far too difficult, and thus you will struggle.
Reply 2
I am well aware of that. That's why I need to keep working for my 9 but I don't know how. I didn't post this so that someone can tell me that I'm basically going to fail a-level maths thank you. I posted for help.
Original post by xtemi_x
I am well aware of that. That's why I need to keep working for my 9 but I don't know how. I didn't post this so that someone can tell me that I'm basically going to fail a-level maths thank you. I posted for help.

Try ExamSolutions.net

Quick Reply

Latest