Jaycemarsh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can someone please give me some quotes on different themes, my teacher has been sick these past few weeks and we haven’t been able to finish the text, thankyou
CasterSugar
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Honestly I would study most of the soliloquys for m and l.m but for the others I'd find key scenes with them in and make a massive time line of what happens quotes and themes and context. My favourite quote for Macbeth however is . Stars hide your fires from my deep and dark desires from act 1 scene 4
TheBeast11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Power

“Vaulting ambition” (Act 1 Scene 7)

“There shall be done a deed of dreadful note” (Macbeth, Act 3 Scene 2)

Supernatural

“Come to my woman’s breasts and take my milk for gall you murdering ministers” (Lady Macbeth, Act 1 Scene 7)

“I the mistress of your charms, the close contriver of all harms” (Act 3 Scene 5)

Trust

“He was a gentleman on whom I built an absolute trust” (Duncan, Act 1 Scene 4)

“When you durst do it then you were a man” (Lady Macbeth, Act 1 Scene 7)

“Come you spirits that tend on mortal thoughts unsex me here” (Lady Macbeth, Act 1 Scene 5)

“While then alas do I put up that womanly defence to say I have done no harm?” (Lady Macduff, Act 4 Scene 2)

Guilt

“Wicked dreams abuse the curtained sleep” (Macbeth, Act 2 Scene 1)

“Here’s the smell of the blood still. All the perfumes of Arabian will not sweeten this little hand” (Lady Macbeth, Act 5 Scene 1)

Order & Disorder (good vs evil)

“I should pour the sweet milk of concord into hell” (Malcolm Act 4 Scene 3)

Conflict

“False face must hide what the false heart doth know” (Lady Macbeth, Act 1 Scene 7)
Jaycemarsh
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=TheBeast11;77719394]Power

“Vaulting ambition” (Act 1 Scene 7)

“There shall be done a deed of dreadful note” (Macbeth, Act 3 Scene 2)

Supernatural

“Come to my woman’s breasts and take my milk for gall you murdering ministers” (Lady Macbeth, Act 1 Scene 7)

“I the mistress of your charms, the close contriver of all harms” (Act 3 Scene 5)

Trust

“He was a gentleman on whom I built an absolute trust” (Duncan, Act 1 Scene 4)

“When you durst do it then you were a man” (Lady Macbeth, Act 1 Scene 7)

“Come you spirits that tend on mortal thoughts unsex me here” (Lady Macbeth, Act 1 Scene 5)

“While then alas do I put up that womanly defence to say I have done no harm?” (Lady Macduff, Act 4 Scene 2)

Guilt

“Wicked dreams abuse the curtained sleep” (Macbeth, Act 2 Scene 1)

“Here’s the smell of the blood still. All the perfumes of Arabian will not sweeten this little hand” (Lady Macbeth, Act 5 Scene 1)

[u]Order
Jaycemarsh
Rep:
?
(Original post by CasterSugar)
Honestly I would study most of the soliloquys for m and l.m but for the others I'd find key scenes with them in and make a massive time line of what happens quotes and themes and context. My favourite quote for Macbeth however is . Stars hide your fires from my deep and dark desires from act 1 scene 4
I’ll keep that in mind, cheers!
ineeedhellp
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
is part B) 20 marks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads