Couple SLEEPING positions Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey, i'm 20

Recently got married. I'm loving the experience so far

But, I have a problem I find it really hard to sleep like an angel next to him, and I feel like I do things during the night which he may seem uncomfortable with.
We cuddle and sleep, but I turn to not face him, so the majority of the time he's spooning me.

Back in my single days, I always used to sleep in a double bed, so I'd sleep like a starfish. So I know I'm still getting used to it.

My point is, I still want to sleep in that snug position with him, but I feel as though I invade his personal space so much, once I noticed I woke up on his pillow and he was on the verge to falling. Plus I feel like I grind my teeth at night, this is all making me feel guilty sleeping with my husband.

Any useful tips, which may help to overcome my situation. The last thing I want is to embarrass myself.

Thanks
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey, i'm 20

Recently got married. I'm loving the experience so far

But, I have a problem I find it really hard to sleep like an angel next to him, and I feel like I do things during the night which he may seem uncomfortable with.
We cuddle and sleep, but I turn to not face him, so the majority of the time he's spooning me.

Back in my single days, I always used to sleep in a double bed, so I'd sleep like a starfish. So I know I'm still getting used to it.

My point is, I still want to sleep in that snug position with him, but I feel as though I invade his personal space so much, once I noticed I woke up on his pillow and he was on the verge to falling. Plus I feel like I grind my teeth at night, this is all making me feel guilty sleeping with my husband.

Any useful tips, which may help to overcome my situation. The last thing I want is to embarrass myself.

Thanks
If your husband cares so much about you being an "angel" when you're unconscious but still breathing, then he sounds like a bit of a d*ck to be honest. If it doesn't bother him though, then it shouldn't bother you. You don't have to be all snuggly and cuddly when you're sleeping, and it is normal to want your space.

If he wakes up in the night to find you've taken over the bed, all he has to do is try moving you back over or wake you up to tell you to move over.

Some couples actually sleep in separate beds, and it helps their marriage because they have their own space and don't feel the need to be cuddly sleepers.

If you feel like you grind your teeth, see your dentist. Turns out I do that because of stress and it's a simple fix of just wearing a protective mouthguard on my bottom teeth when I sleep.
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Get a bigger bed
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Reue)
Get a bigger bed
We have a king-sized bed lol
Reue
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
We have a king-sized bed lol
Then unless you are both extremely over-weight, there should be plenty of space to sleep without touching at all.
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you asked if it actually bothers him?
My husband is used to my horrendous breathing noises and hogging the bed, if you didn't sleep together before you got married then it ll take time to get used to.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
If your husband cares so much about you being an "angel" when you're unconscious but still breathing, then he sounds like a bit of a d*ck to be honest. If it doesn't bother him though, then it shouldn't bother you. You don't have to be all snuggly and cuddly when you're sleeping, and it is normal to want your space.

If he wakes up in the night to find you've taken over the bed, all he has to do is try moving you back over or wake you up to tell you to move over.

Some couples actually sleep in separate beds, and it helps their marriage because they have their own space and don't feel the need to be cuddly sleepers.

If you feel like you grind your teeth, see your dentist. Turns out I do that because of stress and it's a simple fix of just wearing a protective mouthguard on my bottom teeth when I sleep.
I know he doesn't mind at all, I did ask him he laughed and said he doesn't mind at all. But because, especially as a woman, ik have pointless insecurities which bother me but I'm going to accept them because I'm new to a sexual relationship, and I've never had one before.
The point of this thread was to also see if people feel the same way, but when I mean sleeping like an "angel" I meant not looking like a hot mess.
I ofc know that these little things that bother me won't burden our marriage, and he couldn't care less. But I'm sure ill get used to it.
I think sleeping in the same bed builds intimacy
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Reue)
Then unless you are both extremely over-weight, there should be plenty of space to sleep without touching at all.
Nope not even that, it's just a thing I do, but I'm hoping to resolve it.
username3941570
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
why are women so complicated my god
Reue
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
my horrendous breathing noises and hogging the bed,
Attractive
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I know he doesn't mind at all, I did ask him he laughed and said he doesn't mind at all. But because, especially as a woman, ik have pointless insecurities which bother me but I'm going to accept them because I'm new to a sexual relationship, and I've never had one before.
The point of this thread was to also see if people feel the same way, but when I mean sleeping like an "angel" I meant not looking like a hot mess.
I ofc know that these little things that bother me won't burden our marriage, and he couldn't care less. But I'm sure ill get used to it.
I think sleeping in the same bed builds intimacy
Give it a few months and you won't care about what you look like when you sleep. Try not to fixate on it and just try to get a good night's sleep. It doesn't bother your husband, therefore it shouldn't bother you. You cannot control what you do when you're asleep, because you're unconscious. Trying to change something you can't will just make you upset and miserable.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by The Relic)
It's just a woman thing.
username3941570
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's just a woman thing.
I am a woman and I find this weird. Just sleep how you want I dont know how you are shy and scared to sleep comfortably with the person you love.
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Reue)
Attractive
Its my cooking skills that convinced him really
username3941570
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Its my cooking skills that convinced him really
I hope he cooks for you.
Anonymous #1
I am a woman and I find this weird. Just sleep how you want I dont know how you are shy and scared to sleep comfortably with the person you love.
Generally, I'm normal around him, and I'm never shy, but its just when we get into bed I have this urgency to take over his personal space,I toss and turn so much. I know I'll get used to this conscience.
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I hope he cooks for you.
He does the dishes instead of cooking most of the time but as I hate dishes it works out well for us.
Anonymous #1
He does the dishes instead of cooking most of the time but as I hate dishes it works out well for us.
What a great balance. We're willing to do accompany each other while doing chores, such as washing up, I'll wash up he'll do the drying. It gets the job done much faster
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What a great balance. We're willing to do accompany each other while doing chores, such as washing up, I'll wash up he'll do the drying. It gets the job done much faster
That does. Generally we do the chores that the others one doesn't like ,teamwork is key really.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
People in general are complicated, and it's great. If I might make a generalisation, I suspect women are somewhat more communicative about their inner complexities, and that is also great.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (469)
66.62%
No (235)
33.38%

Watched Threads