The Student Room Group

Does anyone do pride & prejudice for englsih lit gcse????!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zasbalroop
I do it too - so are we thinking it’s gna be a theme question?

who knows?? but hopefully
Original post by SenorToucan
Luckily we covered that loads, still wouldn’t like it as a question though. Mrs Bennet is a particularly good example because she is a caricature. Everything she says is pretty ironic and dumb.

I didn't even think about including Mrs Bennet in a irony essay but omg it makes perfect sense!! I will make a mental note of that- thanks x
Original post by princesslife
Has your teacher made any predictions?? Or have you??
Im really hoping it's a theme related q??

A theme question would be lovely but G-D knows what they could throw at us. I wouldnt mind one on marriage or reputation as those are the themes that we have covered the most. Has there been one about Elizabeth and Darcy's relationship recently? Or Jane and Bingley's? Either of them would be ok I guess... At this point I'm just looking forward to not having to do P&P anymore lol
Original post by I'mCookieMonster
A theme question would be lovely but G-D knows what they could throw at us. I wouldnt mind one on marriage or reputation as those are the themes that we have covered the most. Has there been one about Elizabeth and Darcy's relationship recently? Or Jane and Bingley's? Either of them would be ok I guess... At this point I'm just looking forward to not having to do P&P anymore lol

literally. Out of all my texts p&p is deffo the worst. I wouldn't of mind just reading it but doing it for GCSEs is quite boring
literally. Out of all my texts p&p is deffo the worst. I wouldn't of mind just reading it but doing it for GCSEs is quite boring

It is SUCH A LONG BOOK and there is literally so much that they could question us on which is so nerve wracking. It's not my worst text (Im even worse at poetry lol) but its just a bit of a pain especially as the lit exams are so close together!
It is SUCH A LONG BOOK and there is literally so much that they could question us on which is so nerve wracking. It's not my worst text (Im even worse at poetry lol) but its just a bit of a pain especially as the lit exams are so close together!

yeah GCSEs have come so quick!! Are you doing love and relationships for poetry cos then I can help you if you want. I quite like poetry ngl

P&P is so much easier than romeo and juliet though :frown:
yeah GCSEs have come so quick!! Are you doing love and relationships for poetry cos then I can help you if you want. I quite like poetry ngl

Yeah Im doing Love and relationships- its not like Im really really struggling as such, getting like 6s and 7s in the mocks and practice essays (which is astonishing as I dont really like them at all) but I only know a couple of the poems like Sonnet 29, Singh Song, Mother Any Distance and Letters From Yorkshire and Im ever so slightly terrified that I will sit in the exam and have no idea what to link the poem to or any quotes or whatever- is there anything you can suggest for me to do to help me learn the quotes? x
Yeah Im doing Love and relationships- its not like Im really really struggling as such, getting like 6s and 7s in the mocks and practice essays (which is astonishing as I dont really like them at all) but I only know a couple of the poems like Sonnet 29, Singh Song, Mother Any Distance and Letters From Yorkshire and Im ever so slightly terrified that I will sit in the exam and have no idea what to link the poem to or any quotes or whatever- is there anything you can suggest for me to do to help me learn the quotes? x

in terms of memorising the quotes, i'd say quizlet or you can pick the important quotes and make it into a song/ rap/ story or smoething
I'm not actually learning the whole poems though, i've made plans for most of them already comparing them so i'll have like 8 plans and have only the quotes i need to know ( so like quotes between 2 poems that has a metaphor or natural imagery etc. )
I'm just going to read over the plans again and again so when i go into it on friday i'll already know what i'll write which will give me more time on the rest of it

a lot of people are making predictions on ww2p, neutral tones and winter swans but i'm gonna try to know the jist for all
I wish i was this prepared for paper 1 tbh
in terms of memorising the quotes, i'd say quizlet or you can pick the important quotes and make it into a song/ rap/ story or smoething
I'm not actually learning the whole poems though, i've made plans for most of them already comparing them so i'll have like 8 plans and have only the quotes i need to know ( so like quotes between 2 poems that has a metaphor or natural imagery etc. )
I'm just going to read over the plans again and again so when i go into it on friday i'll already know what i'll write which will give me more time on the rest of it

a lot of people are making predictions on ww2p, neutral tones and winter swans but i'm gonna try to know the jist for all
I wish i was this prepared for paper 1 tbh

Thanks for the help- I have already made a list of the poems which link and I think that will just have to become my only reading material for the next few days! I will also turn to youtube and see if Mr Bruff can provide me with any songs for the quotes. Listen, if you need any help with P&P (and if you are doing Macbeth) then feel free to ask me, I am wayyy better with the novels and Shakespeare then I am at poetry and I would be more then happy to help you out and make you feel as confident for paper 1 as you are for paper 2! xx
Damn you guys are all doing AQA. I'm doing P and P for Eduqas as well as with Curious Incident, Merchant of Venice. For anyone doing Eduqas, I'm betting on a theme question. Last year's was on prejudice
thanks. A lot of my friends and I think it might be parenting as well and my school did it as a mock so if you want any quotes let me know.

oh my god that would be great, thank you so much
Me omg i don't really like it
Good plot but such a pain to analyse and revise
"are the shades of pemberly to be thus polluted?"
"i could easily forgive his pride if her had not mortified mine"
"he is a gentleman; i am a gentlemans daughter. so far we are equal"
MR BENNET:
"our two youngest daughters uncommonly foolish"
"your mother may never see you again if you do not marry mr collins and i will never if you do"
"her father captivated by youth and beauty... had married a woman whose weak understanding and illiberal mind had very early put an end to all real affection for her"
MR COLLINS
"i have often observed how little young ladies are interested by books of serious stamp, though written solely for their benefit " (mr collins on fordyces sermons a book about ladies etiquette in the regency period)
"i consider myself more fitted by education and habitual study to decide on what is right than a young lady like yourself"

sorry im just dropping important quotes (as part of my revision)
For pride and prejudice does the second proposal happen outside ?
Yessss

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending