movement of gaseous particles????? (physics gcse)

Watch this thread
olivelga
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hey, currently conflicted between gaseous particles ALL moving at high speed (as stated in the aqa physics gcse triple higher textbook) or at "varying speeds" (as stated in the aqa physics gcse triple higher specimen mark scheme, without any mention of gas particles moving at high speed: yeah, i know, love when exam boards contradict themselves thanks a lot): which is the technically correct/sought after answer? is it just that they, on an individual level, do vary in speed but the net movement/sum OVERALL is higher than in a liquid/solid??? i might be over-complicating it but you know how stingy aqa can be with their mark schemes so wouldn't want to lose marks on something as basic as states of matter... so yeah if anyone could clarify what they want us to write, i suppose. cheers x
ShylaB14
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
I think it's varying speed because the particles' motions are meant to be random. This would lead to their speed being random too
olivelga
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by ShylaB14)
I think it's varying speed because the particles' motions are meant to be random. This would lead to their speed being random too
when you say their speed would be random, that is still on an individual level right? and thank u so much for the help!!
ShylaB14
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by olivelga)
when you say their speed would be random, that is still on an individual level right? and thank u so much for the help!!
Yeah, it would be random on an individual level.
I'm glad I could help
Eimmanuel
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by olivelga)
hey, currently conflicted between gaseous particles ALL moving at high speed (as stated in the aqa physics gcse triple higher textbook) or at "varying speeds" (as stated in the aqa physics gcse triple higher specimen mark scheme, without any mention of gas particles moving at high speed: yeah, i know, love when exam boards contradict themselves thanks a lot): which is the technically correct/sought after answer? is it just that they, on an individual level, do vary in speed but the net movement/sum OVERALL is higher than in a liquid/solid??? i might be over-complicating it but you know how stingy aqa can be with their mark schemes so wouldn't want to lose marks on something as basic as states of matter... so yeah if anyone could clarify what they want us to write, i suppose. cheers x
I would suggest you post the question. I believe that there is a reason to use varying speeds instead of the the average speed of the gaseous particles is high.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (38)
26.21%
As I expected (47)
32.41%
Harder (53)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.83%

Watched Threads