Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i got AAAAb in chem, bio, ara, maths, phy a levels (in the four modules examined so far) and a U in general studies AS. due to new rules, i will not be able to decline my general studies grade. Would the my grade in general studies affect my application to dentistry if i have to reapply next year?
    anyone kno a way in which i can cancel this grade so i dont have to mention it in UCAS???

ReputationRep:
    Lie? Simply don't include it. It doesn't count as a grade anyway

ReputationRep:
    psssh you got the grades in what counts....most unis dont consider general studies anyway

ReputationRep:
    Not really, and especially not if you're applying to universities that don't count General Studies anyway (of which there happens to be a great deal).

ReputationRep:
    if you can only get a U in general studies then your not good enough...

this is a joke dont take it seriously...

Hmm, do you have to put it down? I know you don't have to put down U grades for GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D£nti$t)
    I agree, despite the fact he achieved A's in bio, maths and chem. :rolleyes:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    U means "ungraded", so you haven't got a grade and don't need to put it down. You can if you want though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D£nti$t)
    *******s. I'm sure the rest of his grades speak for themselves, general studies isn't representitive of suitability for dentistry, or in fact any university degree at all. Why else do you think so many courses do not allow it as part of the entry requirments:rolleyes:

Just don't include it in your UCAS, you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    i dont think you are obliged to put it down on your ucas form so i wouldnt worry about it- especially considering that dental unis explicitly say that they will not accept an as in general studies

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.