The Student Room Group

Where do you think England will finish in the world cup?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Much as I enjoy ****ging off the beavis and butthead impersonater, he is annoyingly actually showing himself to be a top player. Never win a trophy unless he moves though, bottling is the core of Spurs' identity.

England will get through groups easy enough, Colombia/Poland is doable but then likely meeting Germany or Brazil in quarters? That's as far as you'll go.

Hazard is going to run a riot around England's back 4, so that's a loss to Belgium. I don't see us beating Tunisia, we will go out on goal difference.
Out early. England are awful. Come on iceland!
Original post by ma_long
Hazard is going to run a riot around England's back 4, so that's a loss to Belgium. I don't see us beating Tunisia, we will go out on goal difference.

Ridiculous.
Reply 63
Original post by Wilfred Little
Ridiculous.

It's the truth, even Harry Kane can't save you!
Nah England to pull out a miracle win against Belgium.

Then losing to Tunisia and Panama to not get out the group stage.
Original post by ma_long

Nah, beat Panama and Tunisia, likely draw with Belgium - they're not that good for the players they have. Looking forward to v Tunisia if Yohan Benalouane plays. Mans a walking disaster show - this was in a bloody friendly for christs sake: https://mobile.twitter.com/mrgeoffpeters/status/892801440137261056?lang=en
Reply 66
Nah, beat Panama and Tunisia, likely draw with Belgium - they're not that good for the players they have. Looking forward to v Tunisia if Yohan Benalouane plays. Mans a walking disaster show - this was in a bloody friendly for christs sake: https://mobile.twitter.com/mrgeoffpeters/status/892801440137261056?lang=en

Jesus christ that tackle is insane. I'm sorry, I still think England are hopeless, overfunded and lazy, Southgate is useless and we will see a nice early exit. But don't worry, they will party either way, you can count on that.
Original post by ma_long
It's the truth, even Harry Kane can't save you!

No, England will beat Tunisia and Panama, it doesn't matter how bad you think the England team is. The Belgium game will be irrelevant and England will make the knockouts.

Original post by GrandMedic
Nah England to pull out a miracle win against Belgium.

Then losing to Tunisia and Panama to not get out the group stage.

The Belgium game is the last game so that isn't going to happen.

Belgium aren't good?? They pretty much have a Premier league team full of stars. Unlike England, they have Premier league players with the likes of Hazard and De Bruyne.
Original post by Kev lad
Irrelevant 🤣
He hasn’t proven anything.
Tap ins + penalties are not high level goals
World class = trophies
If you compare Kane to the premier league greats and all of the past top scorers have trophies to their names.
Kane celebrates winning player of the month.
If Kane is world class ~ why could he not Lead his club to any trophies.
Thierry Henry lead arsenal to prems,fa cups and a champions league final.
Ok winning trophies is a team sport but scoring goals against ‘tin pot’ teams isn’t impressive.
YOU CANT BE WORLD CLASS IF YOU DONT WIN ANYTHING FOR YOUR CLUB OR AT INTERNATIONAL LEVEL.

Ah, that prestigious trophy the Champions League final.

You must be trolling at this point, no one can have an opinion this bad.
Original post by GrandMedic
Belgium aren't good?? They pretty much have a Premier league team full of stars. Unlike England, they have Premier league players with the likes of Hazard and De Bruyne.

No, Belgium aren't that good a team. Good individual players yes, but they don't work as well as they should as a side
Reply 71
No, Belgium aren't that good a team. Good individual players yes, but they don't work as well as they should as a side

Hazard will wreck the back 4, who needs a team.

Like England 2006.
We'll get out of the group, but that's about it.

Original post by ma_long
Hazard will wreck the back 4, who needs a team.

If he can be arsed. And he hasn't been for much of this year.
Somewhere in Russia.:yep:
I think it will finish in the Football forum
I think England could do OK. Maybe it helps that I'm a Wales fan...

Would it be too much to say semi-finals?
Original post by Saracen's Fez
I think England could do OK. Maybe it helps that I'm a Wales fan...

Would it be too much to say semi-finals?

Probably.

It could happen because they'll get through the group and then you're talking about winning two ties which is doable, but it would require beating one of the top teams in a knockout, something that England haven't done since 1966. The last time England won a knockout game was 2006 vs Ecuador.

So realistically it will probably be wins in the group vs Tunisia & Panama, draw/lose vs Belgium and then onto the second round. If England win that, then I think it's Germany or Brazil in the quarter final and that would be the end of that unless something really ridiculous happened.

Have you seen the England squad mate? Belgium don't need the perfect chemistry to beat England.
First round exit

If we are lucky then maybe the 2nd round ( but if they do then they will lose there for sure)

For the first time since supporting england at world cups ( from 2002) this will be the first time im not really supporting them. Tbh half the country doesnt either.

No one has an expectations, we are minnow international team.

Quick Reply

Latest