AQA English Literature Paper 2 2018 Predictions

Watch this thread
TSR George
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Seeing as everyone is very much focused on paper 1 and there are hardly any predictions for paper 2, write ur predictions here.
An Inspector calls most likely to be on Gerald, Eric, Sheila, or Mr Birling. Won’t be on Mrs Birling as that was one of the options for last year and less likely on the Inspector as that was also an option, however, they could always include a question on him.
Love and Relationships poetry? Won’t be Mother any distance as that was for last year, and doubt Walking away, Follower or Porphyria’s Lover (november resit 2017)
ibbyk2001
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
an inspector calls: eric/gerald
Jack.S123
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I’m doing Animal Farm but poetry is the same for us - I have a gut feeling it’ll be like Neutral Tones or Singh Song, maybe something to do with nature? Not sure.
George_x
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
What poem do you think we’re going to have to compare for power and conflict
YouAreAYute
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by George_x)
What poem do you think we’re going to have to compare for power and conflict
if its fkn tissue or something im walking out
George_x
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by YouAreAYute)
if its fkn tissue or something im walking out
Same here they better not do it to propper p*ss us off because we’re all gnna be very angry then
soniakxx
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ibbyk2001)
an inspector calls: eric/gerald
thats what im thinking im hella shook for tomo styllllllllll
shuby
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
i beg someone please give me a prediction for what the poem for section B will be, i left revision late and i just want to get a scope of what i should be sending my time on revising last minute instead of some random ********, would be really appreciated.
FatsoT
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
My predictions is nature, ozymandias exposure ext
adamantacademic
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Guys this thread has been super useful to focus revision, I hope we all do well!
Khadija17
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jack.S123)
I’m doing Animal Farm but poetry is the same for us - I have a gut feeling it’ll be like Neutral Tones or Singh Song, maybe something to do with nature? Not sure.
AQA are moving a bit mad this yr, i wouldn't be surprised if they gave Singh Song just for fun
FatsoT
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
There will probs be some latin in it if it is anything like biology and food tech
Khadija17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by soniakxx)
thats what im thinking im hella shook for tomo styllllllllll
Apparently it was originally Gerald but it got leaked so theyve changed it now, I think Mr Birlings too easy so probably Eric will come up and they could give Sheila again, and theme might be on gender with inspector
Pythonite
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
you lot best not forget your calculators?
percentage of words to age questions coming up worth 15 marks
they might throw in a Date of birth * pi - date of death squared + 15 diameter if we're lucky
best of luck to everyone
love aqa
Kaaseon
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by FatsoT)
My predictions is nature, ozymandias exposure ext
It's unlikley to be war/conflict.
Personally I think it will be centered around memory/identity/history as those themes are well past due.

The poems i think will appear are..

The Preleude (compare with SOI or Exposure, power of nature)
London (compare with

Emigree (compare with Kamikaze for memory/ sacrifice or Tissue for identity and power)

Checking out me History (Emigree, ancestry/ignorance - COMH = ignorance due to lack of teaching/anger, Emigree =ignorance at potential conflict)

Remains (compare with war photographer for memory, bad memories that haunt them in the present)

Poppies (Emigree or Kamikaze - representing the idea of memories or loss, both good and bad, and the outcomes that may happen)

War Photographer (Remains, see above)

Kamikaze (remains, the after effects of a war, and the difference in outcomes that isolate the individual)

If you've left revision late and need to kick a few poems off the list, one of my teachers marks as an examiner for English, and they gave us a few tips on what is unlikely to appear.

Bayonet Charge (won't appear as it was last years question)
Charge of the Light Brigade (unlikey as it is the main poem for comaparison with COTLB

Ozymandias (possible chance, but it is easy and has been in a specimen/paper before)
My Last Duchess (it is the most common when comparing to Ozymandiaz, so it too is unlikely)

Exposure (has been on a paper/specimen before)
Storm on an Island (compared to exposure)

Tissue (it's hard and not easily accsesible - my teacher did say if it came up she'd eat it's page in our anthology, i'll post a link to the video i will be taking of her doing so if it does come up.)
Keeg's
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Same
ohdearstudying
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kaaseon)
It's unlikley to be war/conflict.
Personally I think it will be centered around memory/identity/history as those themes are well past due.

The poems i think will appear are..

The Preleude (compare with SOI or Exposure, power of nature)
London (compare with

Emigree (compare with Kamikaze for memory/ sacrifice or Tissue for identity and power)

Checking out me History (Emigree, ancestry/ignorance - COMH = ignorance due to lack of teaching/anger, Emigree =ignorance at potential conflict)

Remains (compare with war photographer for memory, bad memories that haunt them in the present)

Poppies (Emigree or Kamikaze - representing the idea of memories or loss, both good and bad, and the outcomes that may happen)

War Photographer (Remains, see above)

Kamikaze (remains, the after effects of a war, and the difference in outcomes that isolate the individual)

If you've left revision late and need to kick a few poems off the list, one of my teachers marks as an examiner for English, and they gave us a few tips on what is unlikely to appear.

Bayonet Charge (won't appear as it was last years question)
Charge of the Light Brigade (unlikey as it is the main poem for comaparison with COTLB

Ozymandias (possible chance, but it is easy and has been in a specimen/paper before)
My Last Duchess (it is the most common when comparing to Ozymandiaz, so it too is unlikely)

Exposure (has been on a paper/specimen before)
Storm on an Island (compared to exposure)

Tissue (it's hard and not easily accsesible - my teacher did say if it came up she'd eat it's page in our anthology, i'll post a link to the video i will be taking of her doing so if it does come up.)
Apparently someone got a hold of the paper and it's Tissues.

Imtiaz Dakher or whatever im coming for you jgdnjkdsjngd
FatsoT
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
If tissues comes up im sure suicude hotline will have a mass increase in usagea matter of seconds after people get their phones back
hafsauddin_
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ohdearstudying)

if it was leaked wouldn't they use the second paper they created?
Kaaseon
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ohdearstudying)

Oh goodness, please no!!

However, i do hope that's slightly true, because i do know tissue fairly well, and if it is true and does come up. Then i guess i am prepared?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (32)
69.57%
No (10)
21.74%
I didn't use it to prepare (4)
8.7%

Watched Threads