Non-calculator key topics

Watch this thread
YoungG
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Can someone give me a list of key non-calculator maths topics that we'll need to know for our GCSE exam next week?
louishill1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
They really could ask us anything from the specification but pay particular attention to:

- standard form
- surds
- trig values
- graphs
- algebra including quadratic simultaneous equations
- trig graphs
- transforming graphs
- indices
- box plots/cumulative frequency
- tangents to circles
- reverse mean
- similarity and congruence
- and transformations to name a few likely questions.
emersonlcooper
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Possibly some construction questions, histograms and circle theorems.
PrazzPrazz
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by YoungG)
Can someone give me a list of key non-calculator maths topics that we'll need to know for our GCSE exam next week?
many graph questions - indices
louishill1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I haven't bothered revising constructions - one because they're not even maths and they're easy marks
and two because they never come up as they're hard to mark because they're so subjective.
Mehru1214
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
DEFINITELY algebraically converting a recurring decimal to a fraction.
username3434964
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
inequalities?

idk lmao but I was doing a non calculator past paper earlier for homework
OhSoLucky
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Surds will be the most likely to come up. Anything to do with probability will probably come up.
the bear
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
learn the sin cos tan of 0 30 45 60 90 degrees
3pointonefour
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Revise geometric and algebraic proof - so proving circle theorems etc.
PrazzPrazz
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by louishill1)
I haven't bothered revising constructions - one because they're not even maths and they're easy marks
and two because they never come up as they're hard to mark because they're so subjective.
most likely theyll come together with bearings or as a 3 marker max
username3162176
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mehru1214)
DEFINITELY algebraically converting a recurring decimal to a fraction.
foooooken legend m8
Notnek
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
2018 predicted papers (take them with a pinch of salt but they're worth a look):

https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/resources/pred20181h.pdf
https://www.onmaths.com/mock_exams/e...er-prediction/
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Notnek)
2018 predicted papers (take them with a pinch of salt but they're worth a look):

https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/resources/pred20181h.pdf
https://www.onmaths.com/mock_exams/e...er-prediction/
Bloody good stuff there mate, thanks for that!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (22)
31.88%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (26)
37.68%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (3)
4.35%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
4.35%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
5.8%
I’m starting to consider my university options (9)
13.04%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.45%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads