The Student Room Group

what will you do with your notes after gcse ?

Scroll to see replies

I already started ripping out some of my maths book a while ago, not because I hate maths but because everything in some of them were topics I was confident at so didn't need anything in it. I haven't done it with all of them though.
Out of all them, if I recycle my books or burn them I would want to do it most with French but I wouldn't have a problem ripping it out but I might if burning it even though it is getting rid of it either way.
Reply 61
Original post by HoldThisL
I sold most of mine on eBay for a total of £60 and gave the rest to my ex-girlfriend.

This time though (A level), I'm going to have a bonfire, except for economics which I'll keep for uni.

did someone actually buy them on ebay?
Reply 62
Original post by PleasureToBurn
See, I'll say burn them, but in reality I'll probably just hoard them somewhere and find them a couple of years down the line.

Sames
Original post by Lukem14
Keep them for A level

You won’t ever use them for a level, the standard at A level is so different, GCSE doesn’t even touch on how much detail you need, they’re not even good as basic notes
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Jemimalily
You won’t ever use them for a level, the standard at A level is so different, GCSE doesn’t even touch on how much detail you need, they’re not even good as basic notes

People say A level sociology first yr is just like GCSE
Original post by Lukem14
People say A level sociology first yr is just like GCSE

I don’t do sociology, so I can’t comment, but everything else, maths, English, sciences, RE, Humanities, psychology, are all pretty much completely different subjects to GCSE
Reply 66
gonna try sell all my revision guides but don't know how much they'll go for because the state of them is pretty bad
Burnnn them!
As someone’s who’s now in Year 13 - You don’t need anything from GCSE. You really don’t.

Even if you end up resitting maths and English, it’s the actual work you’ll need to do again, notes from last year won’t make much difference. I kept stuff in case I’d need it but, nope. Get rid of it all 😂 Any textbooks or revision guides can be sold second hand on amazon to make a little bit of money.
Burn them cremate them get rid of any evidence that I ever did them
Recycle all of my notes since I won’t need them anymore.
But I thought with the gcse reforms and a level reforms science was meant to be similar ? So there wasn’t that much of a jump ? I do triple higher so I thought some topics would overlap
The main cause of global warming isn't burning fuels, its burning gcse notes
Original post by Farhana001
But I thought with the gcse reforms and a level reforms science was meant to be similar ? So there wasn’t that much of a jump ? I do triple higher so I thought some topics would overlap

It is closer to a level but still probably a big jump. When it crossed over it's still more in depth, like with a level maths you do vectors but a lot harder.
I'm still keeping it for computer science though, but it's loads of sheets rather than pages of notes.
Original post by Iahmed512
It is closer to a level but still probably a big jump. When it crossed over it's still more in depth, like with a level maths you do vectors but a lot harder.
I'm still keeping it for computer science though, but it's loads of sheets rather than pages of notes.

Okay I’m just going to keep my revision guides
Pass down to my sister
Original post by brarje
gonna try sell all my revision guides but don't know how much they'll go for because the state of them is pretty bad

There's sites where you can enter the ISBN of it and get a price, they have certain conditions for them to accept it though, but if the state is bad it might s be accepted if it isn't ripped and hasn't been written in. Your total of book sales also usually have to add up to at least £5

They will teach it again. They won’t just go “ok so you’ll be assessed on XYZ but I expect you to already know it so let’s move on”
Okay I’m just going to keep my revision guides

There's no point in keeping revision guides unless you're passing them down to someone, you won't be using gcse revision guides for a level and it wouldn't be any use to, because you would need a level revision guides.
Original post by Iahmed512
There's no point in keeping revision guides unless you're passing them down to someone, you won't be using gcse revision guides for a level and it wouldn't be any use to, because you would need a level revision guides.

Yeah I’m just going to keep it to go over in the 6 weeks before I start my course and it would still cover the basics of the course just not enough for me to get a good grade

Quick Reply

Latest