jvinmurrey
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My exam's in four days and I still can't wrap my head around the obscurity of the texts they choose to put in Paper 3.
nonono12
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Same, do you have any notes on it? it's tomorrow!
jvinmurrey
Rep:
?
(Original post by nonono12)
Same, do you have any notes on it? it's tomorrow!
I've been practicing annotating texts and making plans for responses but that's about it. I've also done full past papers throughout the year but none recently (since I feel strung out lol). Do you feel prepared??
nonono12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jvinmurrey)
I've been practicing annotating texts and making plans for responses but that's about it. I've also done full past papers throughout the year but none recently (since I feel strung out lol). Do you feel prepared??
Not at all, I feel really scared. I'm going to try out a past paper just to get the feel of things, but I'm also reading the ECR's and the example candidate reponses. Also, I'm going to try to look through all the past papers and see if there's any text types I don't know. I have no idea, a little scared, but I'm hoping for the best. The highest I've ever gotten in DW is 8/10, and overall, my highest is 35/50, I'm trying to bring it up to a 40/50. My teacher keeps telling me it's my handwriting and expression, but I have no idea.
jvinmurrey
Rep:
?
Not at all, I feel really scared. I'm going to try out a past paper just to get the feel of things, but I'm also reading the ECR's and the example candidate reponses. Also, I'm going to try to look through all the past papers and see if there's any text types I don't know. I have no idea, a little scared, but I'm hoping for the best. The highest I've ever gotten in DW is 8/10, and overall, my highest is 35/50, I'm trying to bring it up to a 40/50. My teacher keeps telling me it's my handwriting and expression, but I have no idea.
I'm scared too! I think looking for any text types you may not be familiar with is a good idea, though, because if there's anything that might stump you, it's getting a text you've just never analyzed before.

I feel like I should have revised more but I simultaneously just want to get it over with. What are you looking to study @ university?
nonono12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm scared too! I think looking for any text types you may not be familiar with is a good idea, though, because if there's anything that might stump you, it's getting a text you've just never analyzed before.

I feel like I should have revised more but I simultaneously just want to get it over with. What are you looking to study @ university?
Honestly, same but I've been self-studying 3 subjects and I've always feared stopping one to study the other. I'm weird like that, I'm hoping to study Politics at Queen Mary. I got an A (Business), B (English), B (History, 1 point away from an A ugh) and a B in Global Perspectives. However, I was hoping to get 1A* and 3A's. I'm just hoping for the best honestly.
jvinmurrey
Rep:
?
Honestly, same but I've been self-studying 3 subjects and I've always feared stopping one to study the other. I'm weird like that, I'm hoping to study Politics at Queen Mary. I got an A (Business), B (English), B (History, 1 point away from an A ugh) and a B in Global Perspectives. However, I was hoping to get 1A* and 3A's. I'm just hoping for the best honestly.
Are those your AS grades? Tbh, the fact that you've achieved those while self-studying is impressive. I think you still ought to be proud of yourself.

I applied to QMUL too!! I'm hoping to study Literature, though.
nonono12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are those your AS grades? Tbh, the fact that you've achieved those while self-studying is impressive. I think you still ought to be proud of yourself.

I applied to QMUL too!! I'm hoping to study Literature, though.
WHAT? This world is actually so small. Oh my god, I hope to see you there, I hope I get in. I also thank you so much for the encouragement, you're so kind. We can do this, I'll pm you my email just in case you need anything!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (442)
56.31%
I don't have everything I need (343)
43.69%

Watched Threads