The Student Room Group

can you do economics out of school at gcse

at my school i can not do economics at gcse and was wondering if there was a tuition type person or out of school time agency that can teach me economics
Original post by jedi3030
at my school i can not do economics at gcse and was wondering if there was a tuition type person or out of school time agency that can teach me economics

1. Teach self +pay exam and centre fee.
2. Pay for correspondence course.
3. Pay for a tutor.

if you school dint do the subject just ask your head or exams officer to register u and you can do it at school not difficult
Reply 3
Original post by liverum12
if you school dint do the subject just ask your head or exams officer to register u and you can do it at school not difficult

thanks
thanks

There's absolutely no point doing this. Hardly anywhere offers economics at GCSE, it's more common at A-level but even then not all schools and colleges offer it. You definitely do not need economics GCSE to do it A-level at all. Concentrate on the GCSEs you're doing at school, you don't want to be wasting time on a subject that you'll have no teacher for.

What would be a much better use of your time is to take an interest in economics outside of school by reading books, websites, magazines etc. about economics and current affairs, to enhance your understanding of economics in general. The last thing you want when you've got over 10 GCSE exams in a short space of time is another couple of exams you really don't need top be doing, especially if you've been trying to teach yourself. Don't potentially let your other grades suffer for a subject you don't need to do.

Quick Reply

Latest