acac95
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've just finished my undergraduate degree and I've applied for a Masters degree at Liverpool Hope University. Some people have told me that doing a Masters costs a LOT and that you have to pay for it yourself?? I'm wondering if anyone knows if funding is available for people hoping to do a masters??

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks in advance!
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by acac95)
I've just finished my undergraduate degree and I've applied for a Masters degree at Liverpool Hope University. Some people have told me that doing a Masters costs a LOT and that you have to pay for it yourself?? I'm wondering if anyone knows if funding is available for people hoping to do a masters??

Thanks in advance!
You can take out a postgraduate loan, although the jury is out on whether these are worth it. https://www.gov.uk/masters-loan If the master's you want to do is related to a career, it might be better to get a job and ask your employer to pay for your MA/MSc in a couple of years.
Liverpool Hope Graduate Ambassador
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Thanks in advance!
Hi acac95 :hello:

You may be interested in the Governement's Postgraduate Loans Scheme which is a non means tested loan of up to £10,000. Once you have deducted the cost of the course, whatever is left is yours and is really useful for books and travel etc.

I study a Disability Studies MA at Liverpool Hope University myself and this is the option that I chose to fund my studies. If you have any specific questions about the process please don't hesitate to give me a shout.

Ruth
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Thanks in advance!
Hi acac95,

If you are looking to study a postgraduate course then you are eligible to apply for the Postgraduate Loan of up to £10,609 from the 2018/19 academic year.

This is paid in 3 instalments directly to yourself and then you pay your Tuition Fees etc.

Thanks Erin.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?