The Student Room Group

How would I get a one night stand or fwb

Basically I’ve just got out of a relationship of 2 years and I’m not really looking for another relationship for a long time. My now ex is the only guy I’ve slept with so I kinda wanna just sleep around and see what it’s like to have sex with different people. The problem is idk how to approach a guy and ask for it without coming across as weird 😂
Im not amazingly beautiful nor am I hideously ugly I get guys calling me attractive and sometimes boys approach me on nights out so I don’t think it’d be too hard but idk how to initiate a friends with benefits situation does anyone who has had one have any advice ?
Original post by Anonymous
Basically I’ve just got out of a relationship of 2 years and I’m not really looking for another relationship for a long time. My now ex is the only guy I’ve slept with so I kinda wanna just sleep around and see what it’s like to have sex with different people. The problem is idk how to approach a guy and ask for it without coming across as weird 😂
Im not amazingly beautiful nor am I hideously ugly I get guys calling me attractive and sometimes boys approach me on nights out so I don’t think it’d be too hard but idk how to initiate a friends with benefits situation does anyone who has had one have any advice ?

Tinder, hook up apps/site, go out clubbing and make your intentions clear and one horny fella will oblige. Have fun (FYI FWB never work)
message me :tongue:
Reply 3
In all honesty your best bet would be going to parties with your friends and they will most likely be a friend of a friend invited who may take your fancy, strike up a conversation with them (Also to mention the drinks will ease tensions and inhibitions making this a whole lot easier). The advent of snap chat also allows for a scenario such as this and if I were you I'd probably do one of those snap chat story honesty things such as "What do you think of me?" with each answer being things like "Talk more, want to be more than friends" e.t.c.

You could also just tell your streaks to snap a pic back and you'll get that one person sending some love emojis back I guess haha, another good way is the anonymous website "sarahah" which is basically the new ask.fm where people can write things about you anonymously, where as this can be good and bad for your self esteem since it's anonymous and people can write anything, it's also one of the best ways to hookup (snap the answer board onto your story with asking who put it up about you and you'll get a response soon enough).

I'd suggest a dating app but many of my mates have had some bad experiences with it but of course it may be different for yourself, best of luck anyhow and I hope this helps in some way :smile:
Text me
message me :tongue:

I’m down for that
Reply 6

Spoiler

Original post by Isabellmalik
I’m down for that

you got snap?

I'd say avoid one night stands and stick with friends with benefits if you want to experiment. For one, one night stands are seriously dangerous, and can often be a spur of the moment decision where you make very silly decisions. A lot of people don't think about their sexual health and some morons even think that the pill protects them from STI's. Furthermore, with a one night stand the sex itself will often suck because you know nothing about each other, don't know what the other likes, and will never get the time to get to know that. You probably won't give a **** about pleasing each other either, it tends to be very business-transaction-ey and selfish. Sometimes pure lust is enough, but I've never had someone from a one night stand make me feel as good as a friend with benefits.

I'd say go on Tinder or any other dating app, start a convo, get to know the person a bit and then invite them to do something. You can skip to the good stuff straight away and suggest to "Netflix and chill", or if you genuinely want a REAL friends with benefits, get to know them as a mate first, make them want you and then make the move. That way you get someone who likes you, cares about making you feel good and wants to feel good too, but doesn't want the attachments of a relationship.

Bottom line is, make sure you both wanna pleasure each other and knows what the other one wants, regardless of whether or not strings are attached. Selfish sex is sloppy and boring in my opinion. I'd say go for one or two one nighters to see what you think and have that experience that you want, but try fwb too and see how they compare. At the end of the day, it's about what makes you feel best!!
If you have a male friend just ask them, If they are a virgin too just ask if they want to in order to test it out, there doesn’t have to be a relationship involved.
If you don’t have anyone up for it then you could probably meet someone online but have a video call with them before you meet and talk for a while beforehand.

I would suggest looking for a close guy friend that you are comfortable talking to about sexual things. I am a girl and that's what I did. You need to look for someone you can trust and someone you're comfortable with, then it will be a better experience.

Quick Reply

Latest