The Student Room Group

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

Sex with a belly button piercing

Planning to get my belly button pierced in a couple of months and I was just wondering if anyone who's had it done had any issues with having sex while the piercing was fresh? I'm a bit worried it might get knocked or bashed and obviously I'd rather not give up sex until it's healed. Any advice is welcome!

EDIT: Also a lot of my jeans/skirts seem to come up to my belly button so advice on these too would be good!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by howitoughttobe
Planning to get my belly button pierced in a couple of months and I was just wondering if anyone who's had it done had any issues with having sex while the piercing was fresh? I'm a bit worried it might get knocked or bashed and obviously I'd rather not give up sex until it's healed. Any advice is welcome!

Probably best to avoid proper missionary until it's healed, your partner can of course go in sitting upwards.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Probably best to avoid proper missionary until it's healed, your partner can of course go in sitting upwards.

Hmm yeah I suppose you could adjust missionary/doggy to avoid your stomach touching anything but it's kinda hard to think about those kind of things when you're in the middle of it :rolleyes:
Wear loose clothing during the healing process otherwise you risk it migrating. During sex make sure to change position if it hurts and clean it afterwards in case of contamination with sexual fluids. Keep a small spray bottle of saline solution in your bag in case of needing to quickly clean it while not at home. :smile:
Original post by sinfonietta
Wear loose clothing during the healing process otherwise you risk it migrating. During sex make sure to change position if it hurts and clean it afterwards in case of contamination with sexual fluids. Keep a small spray bottle of saline solution in your bag in case of needing to quickly clean it while not at home. :smile:

Yeah I carry a small can and some cotton buds around with me now for my nose piercing. Looks like I'll have to wear low slung jeans while it heals. Thanks for the advice!
when i first got my piercing my piercing only hurt because i was rubbing the area too much. u should be good after like 3 days of having it cause thats when my piercing stopped being sore.
heyyyywhen I was 13 i had my belly button piercing knocked out while have sex for 50 minutes. I don't regrete it though
Yeahh I lost my navel piercing cause of this so I advice you abstain for a while
Reply 8
Original post by Marcellus4225
Yeahh I lost my navel piercing cause of this so I advice you abstain for a while

4 year old thread.

Latest