The Student Room Group

How do you friendzone a guy?

Guys/Girls how do you friendzone a guy. Im not trying to sound vain or anything at all but everyyyy guy ive ever become or tried to become friends with me has either liked me or suggested he did via flirting.

Im not sure if its to do with my bubbly-ish personality which they may just mistake for flirting or whatever?, but it's super annoying. Any ideas/advice?
Get him to do favours for ya. Carry my bag please. Wanna go shopping? And during shopping get him to carry your ****. Ahahaha if man came with you hoping he's gonna get laid by tonight he's going to be so pissed when he finds out he's there to be a henchman for £0 an hour.
Reply 2
Friendzone just means being friends with someone, you've already done that. If they flirt, don't flirt back. They'll get the message eventually.
“you’re like the brother ive never had” tends to work for me
Reply 4
Original post by UWS
Friendzone just means being friends with someone, you've already done that. If they flirt, don't flirt back. They'll get the message eventually.

Sometimes, but most of the time it's like they stop taking to me/change character/ stop talking as much once they "get the message" or i get aman. Im taking about friend friends/ platonic friends.
Reply 5
Original post by mel_i
Sometimes, but most of the time it's like they stop taking to me/change character/ stop talking as much once they "get the message" or i get aman. Im taking about friend friends/ platonic friends.

That's how it goes I'm afraid. Those guys aren't interested in being friends so they drift away once they realise you're not into them.
Outright tell him you're not interested in relationship.
Reply 7
Original post by ProRoadman
Outright tell him you're not interested in relationship.

I dont want to look really vain and *****y though. Like you think your so peng that every guy that says hi wants you.
Original post by mel_i
I dont want to look really vain and *****y though. Like you think your so peng that every guy that says hi wants you.

Don't worry, You don't have to be strict. You could say it in a nice way which he (hopefully) will understand.
Reply 9
You could go a bit more ice maidenish, but I don't see why this should be necessary. Just tell guys that ask you out that you don't want to date, 'sorry no', followed if they persist with, 'I'd rather not'. Friends post rejection is a difficult area.
Original post by AndrewBlue
Get him to do favours for ya. Carry my bag please. Wanna go shopping? And during shopping get him to carry your ****. Ahahaha if man came with you hoping he's gonna get laid by tonight he's going to be so pissed when he finds out he's there to be a henchman for £0 an hour.

And then be surprised that some men have a bad opinion on women. Brilliant idea.

Just don't flit back and if that doesn't work, tell him that you don't like him that way.
Original post by PTMalewski
be surprised that some men have a bad opinion on women

Why should I be? Did Adamn not swear down spiders came out every night out of Eves bush because she was scared of mowning it? Did Eve not say Adam is dumber than a madA man and his skunk stinks so bad like vinegar it would kill a skunk? No one should worship anyone. I thought we evolved past that in the last couple thousand years.

In some dedicated server of serious seriousnesisity, if the kids are kids, around 15 years old that's okay. If they older they should just be mature. Like in hollywood when wonderwoman told Robin, back off boy :wink: There should be neither fear and neither skyness for building both fear and shyness in a person who acted outside of fear and shyness.

Quick Reply

Latest