The Student Room Group

GF constantly exposing herself

So, I really wish this small issue doesn't bother me as much as it does, but so be it. Me and my girlfriend are in a healthy and happy relationship.
She tends to wear skirts and dresses all the time. She wears underwear underneath, but the underwear she wears is pretty revealing. Unknowingly, she's exposing herself all the time, whether it be the way she sits, the wind, walking upstairs, etc. She decides to wear dresses when we do active activities that will clearly reveal herself. Me and her hang with my friends a lot and it seems that my friends are always getting free peaks at my girlfriend, and she's oblivious to this. It's clear that my friends are picking up on this because I catch them looking all the time. This bugs me to no end.

I understand that I could look controlling if I tell her that this bothers me. Like what am I even supposed to say? Should I ask her to be more aware? Or to wear more underneath? Or should I just bite the bullet?

Thx
maybe you could mention it somehow in conversation? be like oh everyone can see babe, careful' kinda thing?
It wouldn't be controlling to tell her, it would be honest.

It would only be controlling to force her to stop.
Reply 3
it is in no way controlling to at least alert her to this, so that she is aware of it.In any case, a relationship is 2 way, you both should strive to make each other feel comfortable, so telling her that it bothers you, is not controlling, only making her aware both of what is happening, and that it makes you feel uncomfortable.You could then request that she adjusts what she wears/how she acts with it to make you feel more comfortable, but I feel like simply mentioning it bothers you should be enough, and if it isn't, I'm not sure asking her specifically will be much help
You could inform her and just tell her it's her choice, but previously ive instead just got pretty protective and basically told people to f*ck off if they look
Reply 5
Just tell her no **** if you dress like that babe put on some undies that fit, no **** would make me change it's worth a shot, but nah just tell her nicly you don't like it.
My boyfriend doesn’t let me wear revealing clothes it kinda fustrates me sometimes so I’d recommend the best thing to do is to tell her in a nice way so she doesn’t think you’re controlling however you do have to accept that she will wear what she wants to wear , good luck
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend doesn’t let me wear revealing clothes it kinda fustrates me sometimes so I’d recommend the best thing to do is to tell her in a nice way so she doesn’t think you’re controlling however you do have to accept that she will wear what she wants to wear , good luck

And why do you wear revealing clothes? For..?
I don’t think she’s oblivious. I’d mention it.
And why do you wear revealing clothes? For..?

Different people consider different things "revealing". Think about all those American schools with dress codes saying girls aren't allowed to show their shoulders, not allowed to wear skirts shorter than an inch below their knees, etc. In heat like today's I'd be suffocating if I had to wear long sleeves and ankle length skirt, but people like the Amish consider anything else to be "revealing". :s-smilie:
Bite the bullet.

Do you really want to dampen her self-confident, free-spirited ways?

Who cares what others look at? You get to touch.
blatantly she does it on purpose
Just raise it in a conversation and see what she says.
I think I once saw a girl "friend" who had her breast visible, which was a shock for me and I guessed she didn't realise. So I just said hey um, check your top. I mean it's embarrassing perhaps to even say that as that implies I was looking at her tits but she was grateful and got her dignity back I guess. This is totally white knight like, but the point is it's her choice what she reveals... and when she reveals
Reply 13
So, I really wish this small issue doesn't bother me as much as it does, but so be it. Me and my girlfriend are in a healthy and happy relationship.
She tends to wear skirts and dresses all the time. She wears underwear underneath, but the underwear she wears is pretty revealing. Unknowingly, she's exposing herself all the time, whether it be the way she sits, the wind, walking upstairs, etc. She decides to wear dresses when we do active activities that will clearly reveal herself. Me and her hang with my friends a lot and it seems that my friends are always getting free peaks at my girlfriend, and she's oblivious to this. It's clear that my friends are picking up on this because I catch them looking all the time. This bugs me to no end.

I understand that I could look controlling if I tell her that this bothers me. Like what am I even supposed to say? Should I ask her to be more aware? Or to wear more underneath? Or should I just bite the bullet?

Thx

has she got a birthday coming up?

instead of buying her Ann Summers go get the girl a Burka...
Reply 14
Me and her hang with my friends a lot and it seems that my friends are always getting free peaks at my girlfriend, This bugs me to no end.

Start charging them then
Original post by Langerhan
Different people consider different things "revealing". Think about all those American schools with dress codes saying girls aren't allowed to show their shoulders, not allowed to wear skirts shorter than an inch below their knees, etc. In heat like today's I'd be suffocating if I had to wear long sleeves and ankle length skirt, but people like the Amish consider anything else to be "revealing". :s-smilie:

We are obviously not talking about such clothes. No one told you to wear long sleeve shirts when there's a heat. There is a difference between wearing something light because of the warm weather, and wearing a dress that shows your cleavage (for example) and god knows what else. Don't kid yourself.

There is a reason why you all wear revealing clothes.
Perhaps she knows that she's flashing people and gets excited by it.

She knows your mates want to shag her, and perhaps they already have.

Just putting it out there, its a possibility.

But if it isn't that then you could start walking around in tight shorts with a testicle hanging out and when she says "dude, your testicle is hanging out" you can say "yeah well your minge bulge is showing all the time too, so perhaps we should both do a better job of concealing our genitalia going forward?".

Just an idea though, I'm not really an ideas man.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending