Need some advice..bf troubles Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
please keep this anon because my bf sometimes uses this forum

Well, he moved away 4 months ago.. about 100 miles away cos his parents were moving, i knew it was going to happen at some point so i was ready for it.. he's been working up there he gets longgg shifts, up to late in the night.. i can understand hes stressed out and wants time to himself, but he cant find time to text me or even give me an email telling me how he is, because hes too tired. that worries me because if i dont hear from him i feel as if we're drifting apart and im not in the picture anymore ive been going out with him for 3 years and i really dont want to break up but when i try to talk to him he says im selfish only thinking about myself, not considering that hes working all day.. what do i do ???? xxxxx
MSB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If he's too tired to text, how does he manage to feed or wash himself?
suicidal_dream
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
my boyfriend works full time and then has a 2 hr commute each way, whilst im at uni with very little contact time.

Luckily he can use msn at work so its not such a problem, but at first it is a real shock and it is difficult to adjust.

Eventually you'll get used to him working, and he'll get used to it and hopefully he'll get more energy back =]

long distance relationships do sometimes make you feel like you're not in the picture anymore, but you'll find things go back to normal as soon as you see him again =]
Asclepius
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You're not anon OP
Anonymous #1
Oops!

Anyways ive emailed him saying that we should talk when hes off work after hes slept and gamed and ill probs not even get a response today cos hes working at 4 and hes sleepin now from his long shift last night.. its always me that feels like this i hate it ! cant concentrate on my school work or anything, dont feel like revising anymore xx
Asclepius
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I guess its easier said than done, but you just have to try and get on as best you can until he gets back in touch with you, you've showed your hand, the ball's in his court now
Anonymous #1
True, but i know he'll keep me waiting, and i hate that so much
Asclepius
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is there anything you can do that'll help take your mind off of it then, even if its only for a while?
Anonymous #1
I could try and get in touch with my friends, hopefully they wouldnt mind taking me out to get my mind off it. its okay on a weekday cos ive got school but its just weekends when ive got nothing to do! Well, i should be studying, thats what i normally do but i dont feel like it, and thats not like me at all x
Asclepius
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeh, try and do that then, give yourself a few hours break from thinking about it, will do you some good. And when you go home you might find that you're up to studying for a bit aswel. The main thing I guess is to try and minimise the effect its having on your studies/schoolwork
Anonymous #1
he will go on the pc for like an hour to game then sleep.. oh he used 2 be addicted to WoW :mad: :mad: ! but when he realised how sad it was getting he stopped, he still games on other games, not as much as he used to on WoW, that was just plain ridiculous, it would take up 70% of his day, gaming on WoW im glad he's stopped.. x
Anonymous #1
i know
Meep!
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
he will go on the pc for like an hour to game then sleep.. oh he used 2 be addicted to WoW :mad: :mad: ! but when he realised how sad it was getting he stopped, he still games on other games, not as much as he used to on WoW, that was just plain ridiculous, it would take up 70% of his day, gaming on WoW im glad he's stopped.. x

This says it all to me. From what I've read of your posts, he apparently doesn't have the time to text/email/call you or whatever, and yet he has the time to play on computer games? I don't think he's got his priorities right, and much as I'm sure he doesn't want to hear it, you need to talk to him about it. Talking is the only real way to sort these things.
Anonymous #1
Thanks everyone!! He's off work today so i'm going to have a word with him about it, i hope it goes okay.. xx
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (166)
18.57%
No (543)
60.74%
Not really bothered about them (185)
20.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed