Turn on thread page Beta

Ball dress and Shoes watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Have recently bought a beautiful dress to wear to my boyfriends work ball. Do you have to wear sandals with this kind of dress? Or would normal heels do? :confused: The last time I went to a ball was my high school prom!

Cheers for any help.

ReputationRep:
    post a pic of the dress...it may help!

i doubt it would matter what shoes you wear...saying without knowing what the dress looks like. it would just depend on goes best with the dress.
    some dresses look better with sandal type heels and others look better with closed toe shoes.

ReputationRep:
    Sandels are usually best, especially if it's full length.

ReputationRep:
    The dress is similar to this, except a different colour and pattern. Shape is the same.

I have some nice round toed heels which will match, but i'm not sure if sandals are best. Urgh! I think im just being a student and trying to save money. But I will splash out if it makes the outfit look better.

Opinions? :confused: lol thank you!

ReputationRep:
    round toed heels should look really good.
    personally if a dress is o the knees or above the knees, closed toe shoes look really nice.

hope it helps

ReputationRep:
    Round-toed heels would look awesome with that dress, especially if they match it. Don't worry about getting sandals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz)
    The dress is similar to this, except a different colour and pattern. Shape is the same.

I have some nice round toed heels which will match, but i'm not sure if sandals are best. Urgh! I think im just being a student and trying to save money. But I will splash out if it makes the outfit look better.

Opinions? :confused: lol thank you!
    I love that dress! Where's it from!?

ReputationRep:
    They definitely don't need to be sandals, plus sandals are always more uncomfy with all those wee straps trying to cut off your toes

ReputationRep:
    im sorry i dont know where that dress is from. found it randomly while searching google for something similar to mine!

thanks for all the opinions people x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz)
    im sorry i dont know where that dress is from. found it randomly while searching google for something similar to mine!

thanks for all the opinions people x
    lol do you remember what you searched for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dinkymints)
    lol do you remember what you searched for?
    If you go to Properties, you can find the URL of the image. It's here: http://content.nordstrom.com/imagega...2/_5530062.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hel)
    If you go to Properties, you can find the URL of the image. It's here: http://content.nordstrom.com/imagega...2/_5530062.jpg
    Thanks... can't find it on the site but it's american and expensive anyway. Hmph!

ReputationRep:
    this dress I like

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.