Turn on thread page Beta

Time off work for Exams watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Owl1867)
    Yeah I guess I ought to know my rights a bit more, but tbh I'm quite happy with the system because it doesn't really limit the number of holidays per year
    Yes, a lot of jobs haven't minded that I've taken a lot of unpaid holiday, but it's always better to be paid for some of it.

Marcus

ReputationRep:
    remember you are the worker, you are not entitled to time off to revise, but you are entitled to 4 weeks holiday per year, which is 4 x your weekly contract hours, you know when your exam times are so book them as your holidays in advance.

ReputationRep:
    I negotiated 5 weeks unpaid, as long as I sign a 16 hour a week contract for the summer holidays. Which is fine by me, I need the money! It doesn't hurt to ask for unpaid leave.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.