The Student Room Group

History IGCSE exam

I do the Edexcel exam board and my history exam is quite soon, I have a huge problem where my teacher has been giving me (and the rest of my class) very high grades the entire year, however when I went to get my mock marked (as i wasn't convinced that I got the 100% he had given me) the other teacher gave me a C. Any other exams I give her to mark have been receiving B's in comparison to my teachers A* . This teacher used to be a history examiner so I'm trusting her mark over my teachers (he isn't very good). Im now extremely worried that my actual grade is a B/C and I don't know how to improve in time. If anyone could give advice on how to answer questions to get high grades id really appreciate them
This happened with my Geo teacher. Predicted A*, scraped an A.
Original post by romataisaa_2002
I do the Edexcel exam board and my history exam is quite soon, I have a huge problem where my teacher has been giving me (and the rest of my class) very high grades the entire year, however when I went to get my mock marked (as i wasn't convinced that I got the 100% he had given me) the other teacher gave me a C. Any other exams I give her to mark have been receiving B's in comparison to my teachers A* . This teacher used to be a history examiner so I'm trusting her mark over my teachers (he isn't very good). Im now extremely worried that my actual grade is a B/C and I don't know how to improve in time. If anyone could give advice on how to answer questions to get high grades id really appreciate them

What topic are you doing
Original post by freyageneva
What topic are you doing

Paper 1 I'm doing USA 1917-1929 and International relations

Paper 2 is Civil rights and Medicine
Original post by romaisaa_2002
Paper 1 I'm doing USA 1917-1929 and International relations

Paper 2 is Civil rights and Medicine

Oh I’m doing Germany and Superpowers
And then USA 1920’s and China (which is impossible)

How do you prepare for the 15 markers?
The only real technique for history is to link. For most questions you doing need more than 2 points as long as they are linked. How do you learn the chronology date questions??

Quick Reply

Latest