Why is nobody talking about English language gcse

Watch
fentydrug
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Im saying this because everyone is always talking about English literature when English language is really the one that matters because if you don’t pass it you’ll be resitting it. Personally I think English language is not as easy because 1 hour 45 m is a ridiculous amount of time but anyways I’m just saying that everyone is always revising literature not language. If you do lit and Lang when was the last time you actually revised language because there’s not point thinking you know it but can’t actually apply it.

anonymous69gcse
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
u cant actually revise for lang as u dont know the texts. as well as that lang is more skill based over knowlege based
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by anonymous69gcse)
u cant actually revise for lang as u dont know the texts. as well as that lang is more skill based over knowlege based
Untrue. You just change your style of revision.

As fpr the OP plenty of questions are raised about language all the time.
axolotlaristotle
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think its mostly because English Language generally requires less preparation. Of course they're just as important as eachother, and designed to be as equally challenging. I mean, there aren't any set texts for English Language. But for me at least (Eduqas if you're interested!) there are 3 Lit texts and an anothology of 18 poems on different themes by different authors. That dictates how much needs to be done beforehand. But also - English Lit is on Tuesday. English Language isn't until the first week back.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
english lang gcse isn't until next month. and the exam is very structured- why are you bothered about people posting about it? there's a fair amount of posts about it anyway, and perhaps many people are fairly prepared for the subject.
MysticPancakes
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I found english language harder in GCSE because you know less of what to expect. You just need a general understanding of english on a technical level and good comprehension skills. As well as knowing what each question requires you to do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (10)
14.93%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (12)
17.91%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (30)
44.78%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (12)
17.91%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (3)
4.48%

Watched Threads