Herts PG Student Repsdafaf
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Harrygeorgebrad)
What quotes are best to use for A Christmas carol
Hi Harrygeorgebrad

Here's a link i have found with some key quotes, hope it helps!
http://todhigh.com/clickandbuilds/Wo...key-quotes.pdf

Alternatively, there are lots of resources online if you simply type "A Christmas Carol key quotes/ character analysis/ scene analysis" and you will find tons of sites!

Good luck!
Habiba
Izzy56
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Here are some key quotes for different characters:

Scrooge (before change): "solitary as an oyster" "Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses?" "hard and sharp as flint" "it's not my business" "decrease the surplus population"
Scrooge (after change): "tell me if tiny tim will live" "I am as light as a feather" "I will not shut out the lessons they teach" "I will honour Christmas in my heart"

Marley: "mankind was my business" "I wear the chains I forged in life"

Cratchits: "the clerk's fire was smaller" "There was never such a goose" "God bless us everyone" "good as gold"

Belle: "another idol has displaced me...a golden one" "may you be happy in the life you have chosen"

Fred: "you're rich enough" "a kind, forgiving...time" "merry christmas!"

Ghost of xmas past/stave 2: "would you soon put out the light I give?" "scrooge's heart and soul were in the scene"
Ghost of xmas present/stave 3: "a jolly giant" "to the poor one...who needs it most" "this boy is ignorance, this girl is want"
Ghost o xmas yet to come/stave 4: "to profit us when he was dead" "the case of this unhappy man might be my own" "read upon the neglected grave his own name"

Obviously there's a lot here so you can just pick out the ones you think might be useful - hope this helps Good Luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (7)
5%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (24)
17.14%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.14%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (20)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (41)
29.29%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed