Is insurance law simular to Equity and Trust law?

Watch this thread
Flowerchild10
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Is insurance law simular to Equity and Trust law?

thank you!
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
No. Insurance has recently undergone a lot of statutory change and the terms are pretty much all defined in statute.

Equity is all about case law, with some minor exceptions. You will be reading a lot more cases in equity than in insurance.
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
The only real "equity" similarity, in a rather crude sense, is that consumer and SME insureds have the ability to use the Financial Ombudsman Service. This was particularly useful prior to the consumer insurance reforms where the law was previously harsh. The FOB essentially applied conscionability to determine the outcome of cases, "fair and reasonable in all circumstances of the case" (s228 FiSMA 2000).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (112)
40.73%
They're exactly what I expected (65)
23.64%