The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fancypingu
Well I'm definitely not going to argue with you that it is a necessary post because its clearly not - I posted it for some constructive opinions, not out of necessity

Also I am commenting on her image, as opposed to what she’s like irl as obviously I don’t know her

She can do what she wants, I'm not stopping her, I’m not being rude I am just commenting on how she presents herself which is prevalent during an interview with Oxford. I’m not commenting on her academia because she is clearly extremely clever, and by virtue of her getting an interview her application was brilliant. So commenting on her academics would be a bit of a non-discussion wouldn’t it?

But why though? What's the purpose of all this? What do you gain out of attacking a girl online? It's just pathetic.

Her not getting into Oxford doesnt mean anything, she's probably achieved more so far than you'll ever do in your life if this is how you are. Wolves dont care about the opinion of sheep at the end of the day, focus on yourself and your own exams instead of talking sh*t online you pathetic lowlife
Original post by MR1999
Why would you make this thread?

Because as a potential Oxford applicant, I'm curious about what people think of her character and how it affected her result.

Why did you comment on this thread?
Because as a potential Oxford applicant, I'm curious about what people think of her character and how it affected her result.

Why did you comment on this thread?

Oh dont you worry, you wont be getting into Oxford I promise you that.
Original post by aarnat
If anything I envy the amount of time she can study and the grades that she achieves.

with no shower?

no thanks.

no stinky ginger hermione wig for me.
Original post by damnation1
But why though? What's the purpose of all this? What do you gain out of attacking a girl online? It's just pathetic.

Her not getting into Oxford doesnt mean anything, she's probably achieved more so far than you'll ever do in your life if this is how you are. Wolves dont care about the opinion of sheep at the end of the day, focus on yourself and your own exams instead of talking sh*t online you pathetic lowlife

Hi! Can you stop commenting because you keep reinstating the same thing and I got your point about 5 posts ago!
I am shockingly dim in comparison to Ruby and I do not believe I am superior to her at all.
If this is what you think attacking is, you've got a lot to learn!
I hope you manage to think of a different point to reply with xx
Reply 45
She's doing what she loves, even if it is different from the norm, so I don't think its anyone's business to interfere. She seems like such a lovely person who simply loves to read and study. It is not my place to judge her, she's happy, that's all that matters. I actually envy her quite a bit.
Hi! Can you stop commenting because you keep reinstating the same thing and I got your point about 5 posts ago!
I am shockingly dim in comparison to Ruby and I do not believe I am superior to her at all.
If this is what you think attacking is, you've got a lot to learn!
I hope you manage to think of a different point to reply with xx

This is attacking, AS girl

Im glad you admit you're dim, enjoy the pre interview oxford rejection coming your way!

She can do what she wants, I'm not stopping her, I’m not being rude I am just commenting on how she presents herself which is prevalent during an interview with Oxford. I’m not commenting on her academia because she is clearly extremely clever, and by virtue of her getting an interview her application was brilliant. So commenting on her academics would be a bit of a non-discussion wouldn’t it?

They don't judge personality or presentation though. Intelligent people tend to be eccentric anyway. You could actually argue either way. People that aren't particularly clever can still perform well in exams. However when the concentration comes off of memorisation and more to understanding (could be A-level or while applying to uni), they might begin to struggle. I haven't watched much of their videos but it strikes me this might be the case. Or they didn't think she'd work well with the tutorial structure. Could be any number of things. The fact that she got an interview meant her paper application was strong, and that's about it. It can be quite easy to appear good on paper, (especially now that there's only GCSEs and predicted grades) but the interview is different.
Reply 48
Check your facts. She's not like this. Also, there's nothing "unhealthy" about enjoying academia.
Just stumbled across Ruby Granger, and I can't help but think she has an unhealthy obsession with studying. It's consuming her life and it actually freaks me out that she's allowed by her parents to be so reliant on it for happiness, and that nobody in the comments can see that it isn't good for a child to be so addicted to studying! I study about 1/5 of the amount she does and I'm on my way to being a straight A alevel student... it's very weird.
Also, what do you think about her Oxford rejection? I think it was inevitable that she'd get rejected- yes, she's hardworking and motivated, but:

1) She's not sparky, charming, easy to banter and converse with
2) She doesn't ever relax properly. She holds herself to such a huge amount of work that Oxford would make her stretch herself too thin
3) She doesn't engage in sports, drama or any extra curriculars. And before you say that Oxford doesn't care about these things, it just the implication that she isn't interested in anything outside of studying, suggesting she will find achieving a balance of academia and fun quite difficult.
4) She is very just so. She seems to have a very straightforward, methodological way of thinking. Whilst I'm not suggesting she can't take on new ideas, her style of speech makes her thoughts appear premeditated and structured in her mind, as opposed to a free, boundary-less way of thinking. E.g. She is very intent on being exactly like Hermione Granger. She takes it very seriously and literally (i.e. clothing, mannerisms, phraseology) which presents her as a bit too obsessive and structured, as she almost copies her every move, as opposed to just taking on Hermione's ideologies and mindset. She takes it to the extreme.
5) She is quite childlike, in appearance and speech. I don't know if this is because of the Hermione thing again, but she dresses up and obsesses over Hermione like a 7-year-old child might be obsessed with a Disney princess. Also, her style of dress makes her look young, quite naive and innocent. This isn't a bad thing in itself but she doesn't quite seem to have matured into a fully functioning adult yet, which is something that Oxford really looks for.

(NO HATE ON RUBY ON THIS CHAT- THIS IS A MATURE DEBATE AS OPPOSED TO A HATE THREAD. YES SHE DRESSES A LITTLE ODD BUT IM NOT GOING TO ROAST HER FOR THINGS SHE CANT CHANGE AT THE END OF THE DAY)
Oh dont you worry, you wont be getting into Oxford I promise you that.

damn i mean at least im wasting my time on a thread that i actually created rather than getting triggered and rude on a thread that has nothing to do with me

(That was really low. Like, seriously low. Imagine going out of your way to wish badly upon someone because you disagree with their opinion on a study youtuber for goodness sake. Please reassess your priorities as I've been as polite as possible to you and I definitely don't deserve to be called pathetic, a weirdo, a loser. Not once did I slander Ruby or call her names.)
I actually can't stand her she's so cringeworthy
This is attacking, AS girl

Im glad you admit you're dim, enjoy the pre interview oxford rejection coming your way!

Grow Up. They made their point and they asked for a debate. No point attacking them for their harmless opinion.
Original post by _gcx
They don't judge personality or presentation though. Intelligent people tend to be eccentric anyway. You could actually argue either way. People that aren't particularly clever can still perform well in exams. However when the concentration comes off of memorisation and more to understanding (could be A-level or while applying to uni), they might begin to struggle. I haven't watched much of their videos but it strikes me this might be the case. Or they didn't think she'd work well with the tutorial structure. Could be any number of things. The fact that she got an interview meant her paper application was strong, and that's about it. It can be quite easy to appear good on paper, (especially now that there's only GCSEs and predicted grades) but the interview is different.

But she'd not eccentric. She is WEIRD.
Original post by _gcx

Completely agree with you, there's definitely many things that Oxford count
Original post by goldfvnch
I actually can't stand her she's so cringeworthy

"Hello everybody welcome back to my channel"

*15 hour study with me with 0 toilet break*
damn i mean at least im wasting my time on a thread that i actually created rather than getting triggered and rude on a thread that has nothing to do with me

(That was really low. Like, seriously low. Imagine going out of your way to wish badly upon someone because you disagree with their opinion on a study youtuber for goodness sake. Please reassess your priorities as I've been as polite as possible to you and I definitely don't deserve to be called pathetic, a weirdo, a loser. Not once did I slander Ruby or call her names.)

I HOPE you get into Oxford. And if you don't, I suppose you're on the same level as Ruby Granger and Unjaded Jade.
Original post by the bear
never heard of. is she on TSR or something ?

:dontknow:

she's a study youtuber x
Yh ruby is a workaholic but then again its her life she can do what she wants. Who are we to judge her :redface:
Original post by ohdearstudying
"Hello everybody welcome back to my channel"

*15 hour study with me with 0 toilet break*

"How to sit on a toilet like Hermione Granger1!1!!! #thatgrangerlifestyle"
Original post by ohdearstudying
I HOPE you get into Oxford. And if you don't, I suppose you're on the same level as Ruby Granger and Unjaded Jade.

Thank you. I know their opinion is obviously not the truth but I'm quite shocked that someone could be that rude...

If anything it's made me want to work harder! Silver lining yk

Latest