Is Megan Merkel really black? Watch

69Tekashi69
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Just looks white with abit of a tan.. I dont think we can really call her black.
goldfvnch
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well she's biracial and her mother is black so I'd say she's black. Also, by your logic, are Albino folk also not black?
Djerun
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 69Tekashi69)
Just looks white with abit of a tan.. I dont think we can really call her black.
She's mixed race. 50/50

She's as black as she is white.
69Tekashi69
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by goldfvnch)
Well she's biracial and her mother is black so I'd say she's black. Also, by your logic, are Albino folk also not black?
Completely different as albino people still have black features.
karl pilkington
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ginger people are subject to more racism
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Who cares?
CHANELDIAMONDS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Fam... she looks biracial. She doesn’t just look white. She looks white mixed with black. And i dont know what “black features” you’re talking about honestly.
ohdearstudying
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've never heard of a Megan Merkel?

Angela Merkel is white to my knowledge.
ohdearstudying
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rainfall)
Fam... she looks biracial. She doesn’t just look white. She looks white mixed with black. And i dont know what “black features” you’re talking about honestly.
I think OP is alluding to the stereotypical afro, dreads or nose. (mixed race myself).

She blatantly looks mixed race, like her childhood pics and her MOTHER was there.
CHANELDIAMONDS
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ohdearstudying)
I think OP is alluding to the stereotypical afro, dreads or nose. (mixed race myself).

She blatantly looks mixed race, like her childhood pics and her MOTHER was there.
well he is very wrong

Exactly agreed
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Snowman of Doom
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They're always talking about the Markle Sparkle, never the Merkel Sperkel :'(
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
She is mixed race. Does it really matter though?
Ninja Squirrel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Her mum is black and her dad is white, she is mixed raced but just a little on the lighter side.
ohdearstudying
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rainfall)
well he is very wrong

Exactly agreed
Also, she looked GORGEOUS. Was it Harry marrying into royalty?

Like...she obviously is a fairer skinned person of colour, but nonetheless, she raises issues relatable for many people of a "darker" colour. Why belittle her for for talking about a cause she is involved in. Also, the fact she is mixed race is amazing.
Axiomasher
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by karl pilkington)
ginger people are subject to more racism
Harry can tell his new wife all about it.
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just looks white with abit of a tan
I honestly thought the same when I first saw a picture of her! I was surprised when I heard she was half black.

I'm not sure if she identifies as black - that's up to her. I guess some people see her as black. But the fact that she's so racially ambiguous looking and almost passes for white, I wonder how accepted she'd into the British royal family be if she looked "proper black" like Lupita Nyongo? I'm black (100%) myself by the way, so I'm not hating - I just find it a bit hard to relate to Meghan for those reasons.
Tawheed
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
it's rather racist in my view to consider people who are half black and half white, or even those whose mothers are part white and mostly black, with white fathers, as 'black'. This is all part of the 'one drop rule' in that to be deemed white, you need to be pure, and any 'black' DNA automatically removes the so-called 'whiteness'.

She looks more white than black phenotypically, but alas, centuries of racism and the 'one drop rule' prevail.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by goldfvnch)
No, they're white by definition. Her mother is mixed race. Harry's kid will be white, no doubt.
CHANELDIAMONDS
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ohdearstudying)
Also, she looked GORGEOUS. Was it Harry marrying into royalty?

Like...she obviously is a fairer skinned person of colour, but nonetheless, she raises issues relatable for many people of a "darker" colour. Why belittle her for for talking about a cause she is involved in. Also, the fact she is mixed race is amazing.
Ikr!!! With such little makeup she looked so pretty!!!!

People always have something to say. Imagine if she was fully black and how the world would go mad.
-Eirlys-
  • Debate & Current Affairs Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Markle*

And she is mixed race - her father is white, her mother is black and apparently her family history involved slavery. Most mixed race people are lighter. She's also been in England a long time so her tan has probably reduced - I think she looks darker in the US.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (410)
30.35%
The paper was reasonable (535)
39.6%
Not feeling great about that exam... (230)
17.02%
It was TERRIBLE (176)
13.03%

Watched Threads